Post Thanks / Like
    I worked on my black expedition yesterday, which has alot of marring, spiderweb, rds. I went down the aggresivness ladder, starting with the least aggresive method, which was megs #80 on a light cut pad. I ended with a wool pad and rapid cut compound. I also used megs #83. I pulled it out in the sun, and to my surprise, the marring, spiderwebs were still there! Anybody have any advice on what to do? Should I try megs diamond cut w/ a more aggresive pad? Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jwgarrison
    I worked on my black expedition yesterday, which has alot of marring, spiderweb, rds. I went down the aggresivness ladder, starting with the least aggresive method, which was megs #80 on a light cut pad. I ended with a wool pad and rapid cut compound. I also used megs #83. I pulled it out in the sun, and to my surprise, the marring, spiderwebs were still there! Anybody have any advice on what to do? Should I try megs diamond cut w/ a more aggresive pad? Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Seems as thought you burnished the paint before you used a heavy compound, possibly incurring swirls again.

You use that "least aggresive" method to test what to do as the full procedure. Once you find the right starting point you work DOWN from that. So, most aggressive from what you`ve discovered by testing, to least aggressive, burnishing the paint to a perfect gloss.

What type of machine are you using?
    Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m using a dewalt rotary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh, o.k., I follow you. Since the wool pad and the rapid cut didn`t do it, what is the best (most aggresive) pad and compound to use. I`ve been using the burgandy meg`s foam cutting pad, and a blue coral 8" wool pad.

Thread Information