Post Thanks / Like
    Last night I was working on a Ferrari Challenge Stradale. This car has been wrecked and repainted. The customer used to have a guy that washed his cars with rocks. No joke!! Scratches all over it. YOu can see the scratches from where the guy was washing and drying with towels that had to have had rocks attached to them. Anyways, I was using a 3.5" backing plate and a 4" yellow Sonus pad to to work on the scratches all over the car. When I decide to quit for the evening, I tried to pull the pad off of the backing plate so that I could clean it. I guess it got so hot that the backing plate fused to the pad. I could not pull the pad off!! It almost looked like it had melted together. Has this happpened to anyone else? and is there a way to get it off. I have an extra backing plate and more pads but I hate to have to throw this one away.

When I am done I will post pictures of the car. I couldn`t get good before pictures because I forgot my halogens at a body shop. But hopefully we will have a sunny day sometime in the next two months up here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had one get hot enough to melt the glue on the backing plate but never hot enough to ,elt the two together. And In my case it was a defective backing plate to begin with. That thing must have been SMOKING!

Thread Information