Post Thanks / Like
    Ok lets start with the basics. I am a newbie in using rotary but I have patience .

The victim...A black 2003 ford fiesta (this thing has a lot of metallic flake and lots of swirls)

The products...1z pro series, I have Pasta Intensiv (932715) ( I did not use it today), High Gloss Polish (932815) ( I use it with meguiars 6.5 polishing pad) and Wax Finish (932655) (I used it with meguiars 6.5 finishing pad).

To remove swirls I started polishing with meguiars polishing pad and High gloss Polish. I started with 600 RPM do some passes and then do some more passes at 1000 RPM. I finished with one pas or two at 600 RPM. In the whole procedure I dod not use any pressure, just thw weight of the rotary. The result was some nasty holograms

most of swirls were gone (I said most not all ) but holograms oh my god

I supposed that I could remove the holograms just by using a milder polish and the meguiars finishing pad. SO once again the same polishing procedure but this time with Wax Finish and meguiars 6.5 finishing pad.

After I primed the pad I used little product as you see in the photo...is it enough???

After polishing the results:

half and half

Everything looked better but not perfect.

Any suggestions? ( I do not have a pc to finish down and I can not buy one...I wait for the 230V version of UDM)

Also I was not able to speed up my rotary more than 1000rpm as the polish dry almost immediately.

And one prolbem that I face. Some times even in such a low speeds polish just dried out and leave me some nasty spots ( I remove them with some repolishing)

Finally my previous experience with rotary was with some crappy ebay pads and 1z paint polish (the green can). PP did not dry so quickly and it has so much lubricity. 1z pro series and meguiars had a lot of drag.

Post Thanks / Like
    try putting the product closer to the outer edge of the pad. You`re not doing much but smearing around the produce when you put it in the center.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you clay the vehicle?

Post Thanks / Like
    not this time but I have recently clayed the car (two weeks ago)

Post Thanks / Like
    it is reasonable to have such a bad hologram after using high gloss polish (1z) and megs polishing pad? ( I don`t think that this combo is so aggressive)

Thread Information