Post Thanks / Like
    When do you all replace your pads? What appearance does the pad have that signals you to replace it? Also, if any deformity starts to appear on the pad(s), how much deformity is too much to start to cause adverse conditions in your paint (swirl marks, buffer trails etc).

I ask because I notice that the LC Orange Pads break down SUPER fast. By the third or fourth usage, the pad looks worn; almost like it has a bad case of fabric pills I also ask because in some of the pads I`ve used (now replaced) I would get gouges, due to accidents, or little nicks out of the foam. At what point (is it even possible?) does the pad become a detriment? Would a pad have to get just so ridiculously far gone for it to do damage or cause marring that it`s not even worth discussing?
    2003 4.6L V8 Black Supercharged Mercury Marauder

386RWHP 426RWTQ

LOUNGING SOUND - Ambient, Chillout, Lounge, Psytrance, Goa & More

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t had to yet. I know some wool edge pads have indicators that tell you but I think it is pretty much common sense. When it starts falling apart replace.

Post Thanks / Like
    I notice that when my pads fall apart I get pad marring on the paint. My orange CCS pads get a bit worn on the edges and then they marr the paint.
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    With wool cutting pads, you can tell when they loose their cutting ability they originally had. When that happens, they get turned into a great polishing/light duty pad. My EDGE foam pads last forever. They have have to be pretty beat up for me to replace them.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    No no one else`s orange LC pads seem to get pitted after a few uses?
    2003 4.6L V8 Black Supercharged Mercury Marauder

386RWHP 426RWTQ

LOUNGING SOUND - Ambient, Chillout, Lounge, Psytrance, Goa & More

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine do, not after a few uses though; more like 20-ish. I`m actually a pad freak, I won`t use anything but a perfectly formed pad. I just find when you have any sort of imperfection the cut is effected as is the finish. I swap pads during details *a lot*, like almost every panel, so they tend to last longer I guess.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Thread Information