Post Thanks / Like
    Did a 2007 Black Honda CRV last week.Since the paint has only light swirls I decided to hit it with Menzerna IP with LC White Pad on rotary : 1pass at 600rpm followed by 8 passes on 1200rpm and finally 2passes at 600rpm. With spritz of water every so often to prevent the pad from running dry. Then it`s Menzerna PO106FF on LC Blue Pad: 1 pass at 600rpm then bump it up to 1000rpm doing 5 passes and finally 2pass at 600rpm. Again a spritz of water in between to prevent the Blue pad from running dry though Menzerna has a longer working time with their 106FF. For LSP i proceeded with JW PrimeStrong hand application with an applicator pad. Wait 10-15mins b4 wipe down with a slightly damp MF. Finally another wipe down with AJT with a new MF towel.

The Black flakes was popping under the sun but there were medium holograms on several panels of the Honda. Yikes!! Thought Menz. 106FF was suppose to finish down hologram free. So where did I go wrong??

I was moving my Rotary at 3" - 4" per sec at about 2lbs-3lbs pressure. Should I go slower when applying the 106FF??

Though the owner didn `t quite notice it (holograms) I offered to redo her car for free the next time she comes in for a reseal.

Thanking you Autopians in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think your problem is that you used the blue pad, that is a finishing pad with no cut. Granted friction from the pad and the polish I would guess would do something but when using 106FF its best IMO to use a white pad, that finishes down amazingly.

Thread Information