Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What are the odd ways you`ve used your PC?

This past Friday I had my PC out testing a couple new pad designs. One of the pads is a 4-incher that is promising to have many applications. I used my new pad to buff:

1. Metal (the Cayenne`s exhaust system... yes, I mean the muffler, not the tips... is polished very bright!)

2. Glass (a proper 4" pad makes quick work of water spots with a good glass polish)

3. Black plastic trim (my Cayenne has a good amount of black plastic trim on the lower areas. The 4" pad applied gel protectant to an amazing final finish, and my hands didn`t get messy!)

4. Tires... WOW, this was amazing! I put a little tire gel on a soft 4" foam pad and my tires have never looked better. This was cool!

db

Post Thanks / Like
    I never would have thought to use it on tires!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It massaged the gel in deep and the final finish was exactly as I like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome !!!! I just found some uses for the cheap pad that came with my PC ...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB

2. Glass (a proper 4" pad makes quick work of water spots with a good glass polish)

Do you recommend any particular glass polish for use with the PC? I`ve got Autoglym Glass Polish, but so far have just been applying with a cotton terry towel. I actually have intended to use th AG Glass Polish with a 4" polishing pad, but just haven`t gotten around to it.

4. Tires... WOW, this was amazing! I put a little tire gel on a soft 4" foam pad and my tires have never looked better. This was cool!

Any problems with or tips on avoiding sling? Hell, I get the gel that I use on my hands even when applying with a foam applicator by hand! I mostly use 303 Protectant on my car, but I also have Meguiar`s Endurance Gel (matte) that I used with Eagle One tire swipes. Never even thought of using the PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    It massaged the gel in deep and the final finish was exactly as I like it.
    I almost did this with an old beater 4" finishing pad (no longer suited for paint) and my small cordless Nikota buffer (4" head). Glad to hear it worked; it`s on my list of things to try.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    This picture shows the tailgate guard on my Cayenne that I polished with a 4" pad and the PC using a little Flitz polish. You can see the difference compared to the interior piece which I did not polish. I spent about 15 minutes to get this result. The metal is brushed stainless.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    This pic shows what I did to the underside (muffler). It was very brown and stained when I started, but 30 minutes on my back with the PC, 4" pad and Flitz made it shine! One more 30 minutes session and my muffler will look like chrome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drck1000
    Do you recommend any particular glass polish for use with the PC? I`ve got Autoglym Glass Polish, but so far have just been applying with a cotton terry towel. I actually have intended to use th AG Glass Polish with a 4" polishing pad, but just haven`t gotten around to it.

Any problems with or tips on avoiding sling? Hell, I get the gel that I use on my hands even when applying with a foam applicator by hand! I mostly use 303 Protectant on my car, but I also have Meguiar`s Endurance Gel (matte) that I used with Eagle One tire swipes. Never even thought of using the PC.

This is a totally loaded question, and I`d be spamming if I answered it.

The sling-free 4" pad is what I am working on now. :waxing: :think2

Post Thanks / Like
    When I polished my mufflers, I used a 4" wool pad and Flitz and Mother`s at the time. I finished off with a white 4" polishing pad and one of the English Custom polishes. I ought to try the same thing just with a rotary in effort to get that chrome look.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a totally loaded question, and I`d be spamming if I answered it.

Oops. Didn`t mean to ask a loaded question. Sorry. I guess even you have to rules to follow on your site huh?

The sling-free 4" pad is what I am working on now. :waxing: :think2

What about cutting out a hole about 1/4"-3/8" deep by about an inch in diameter into the middle of the 4" pad to serve as a reservoir (assuming that the pad is about 1 1/2" thick) that would apply the gel only where the reservoir contacts the tire and the outer portion of the pad would work it in?

Post Thanks / Like
    A little off-topic from where this is headed (definitely gonna try the tire trick)....

Not exactly unconventional, but it makes a great sander with some 5" hook and loop sandpaper. I`m in the process of finishing up a shelf to go in our tv niche. I`ve used it so long as a polisher, I found myself looking around the garage for something to sand with when the lightbulb lit up over my head......

I guess that`s why it says sander/polisher on the box :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    D`uh! I need to polish my wood furniture!

In fact, I`m going to go slam a coat of SBP on a couple pieces now.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    A PC with a 4 inch pad and some light polish might make for a great back massage :har:

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see some interest in 4" pads on the PC, they really do behave quite differently from the larger ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information