Post Thanks / Like
    Well, while detailing yesterday, I`ve noticed that the black plastic on top of the spindle is vibrating violently and is seems pretty loose on the machine. When polishing, if I don`t have my hand on this black plastic, it vibrates like crazy. This has only recently happened, it was never a problem in the past. Any help or suggestions on how to cure the problem?
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    Itss always done that on mine. I find attaching the handle `pins` the plastic cap down and reduces the vibrations significantly.
    ex-Autoglym-er finding better products all the time!

Post Thanks / Like
    the handle alone does an ok job of reducing vibration, so I took it a step further and secured the other side of the plastic housing. it doesn`t eliminate this inherent annoyance altogether but makes a significant difference. take the handle to a hardware store and buy a matching bolt for the other side. I bought two to test without the handle, but I find the handle useful for keeping the pc on its back and pads off the ground when it`s not in my hands. I also had the bolts set in little black matching knobs.
    It`s a healthy addiction. I can stop any time I want. No really.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only problem with keeping the handle on the machine, imo, is that it *increases* vibrations kind of like a tuning fork would.

I removed my handle after complaining about excessive vibration a long time ago. The black plastic has always been loose, but that`s where I hold the machine, so it really doesn`t bother me.

Bottom line, if you remove the handle, and don`t resecure it like marko suggested, it is perfectly normal for it to be loose.

Regardless, I don`t think this hurts anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    mine does it too, i think its the norm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JDookie
    The only problem with keeping the handle on the machine, imo, is that it *increases* vibrations kind of like a tuning fork would.

I removed my handle after complaining about excessive vibration a long time ago. The black plastic has always been loose, but that`s where I hold the machine, so it really doesn`t bother me.

Ever since I removed the handle (because I heard it reduces vibrations), this rattling plastic has occured! I feel that with it off, the PC is much more nimble and I can use it at a faster pace. Problems solved! Glad to see I`m not the only one with this issue. Thanks folks
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    The black plastic keep falling off mine so I took it off long ago, and it been though two elec cords The thing is real beat up but it keeps on running.

Go ahead take off the black plastic it just for looks

Thread Information