Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I don`t have money for a highend PC so I bought my brothers Wen 10" Random Orbiter. Will I still be able to get the job done with this polisher? Also are there anymore bonnets I can buy for it, like the way you buy different pads for other PCs?

Thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    RO`s besides the PC and they Cyclo are tough to polish with. I think of them more as applicators, or electric towels. I have a couple and will use them as such if I don`t feel like wiping. I suppose polishing with them is easier than by hand, but I`d imagine you`d have to spend 3 x as long as you would with a PC because they are so dang underpowered.

So if you plan to use it to apply wipe on wipe off product, it`s fine. But sometimes by hand is easier. If you plan to tackle paint imperfections, I`d suggest you either save up, or get started now, because it`s going to be awhile.

As far as bonnets or pads. These type of machines usually have a permanent foam pad. This pad isn`t for polishing with though, it`s just a cushioned base to put a bonnet over. Now the problem with bonnets is they load up real fast with product and become useless real fast. I don`t know what kind of spindle thread the Wen has, but I`d venture that it wouldn`t be compatible with PC or Rotary Backing plates, like most underpowered RO aren`t.

It`s not all bad though. Use it as a tool to learn how to use a machine on a car. I started machine polishing with the same type of RO when I was 12 or 13. I know when you do make the upgrade, you will thoroughly apreciate the PC.
    Don

Equilibrium Engineering Detailing Services

Thread Information