Thread: My new Metabo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas arrived early for me this year.

My in-laws sent me the Metabo `kit` -full boat, and it arrived yesterday from TOL.

-Metabo Polisher

-Metabo Case

-Backing Plate

-LC Pad kit (Cut, polish, finish pads).

I`m all smiles! After using it for an hour or so, I`ve concluded that the metabo is almost as easy to use as a PC -no kidding. It`s VERY smooth, easy to handle, and I love the low 700rpm start up. It`s much more forgiving and balanced feeling vs. my Dewalt.

I haven`t used it enough to draw a comparison to my Dewalt 849, but I plan to do that in the coming weeks. I can`t imagine that it`s going to carry the same load/torque as my dewalt, because it`s soooo much lighter. I do miss the trigger that`s on my dewalt, because it allows you to `feather in` your polish on start up. I would prefer to have the speed dial settings on the Metabo closer to the on/off switch, or maybe placed near the red head lock button. You can`t see the speed settting in the current location when you dial up the RPM`s during your polishing step. I`m sure I`ll learn the `feel` of this over time, but for now, I`m stuck with shutting down the metabo, adjusting the speed, and starting back up. I like the set up on my dewalt better, but then again that`s what I`m used to.

Post Thanks / Like
    I own the same polisher. It is a great machine. It is amazing how much difference the small size and weight make.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome dude :woohoo:

No where`s mine?

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    Awesome dude :woohoo:

No where`s mine?

Anthony

Hey, you already have one!

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow.... looks like you owe your in-laws a free detail or two!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lil Detlr
    Wow.... looks like you owe your in-laws a free detail or two!

Family is ALWAYS free of charge. My in-laws are VERY cool and I guess I`m lucky that we`re close.

Trust me, my jaw about hit the floor when I opened up the box to see a `Metabo`. My wife met me in our garage with a scowl, because she thought the UPS guy was delivering a `secret` order that I`d try to stash. She bit her lip when she saw `Merry Christmas` from her parents. Ha ha, a small victory for me!

Hey, she has 10000 pairs of shoes, and I like detailing supplies. At least I turn a profit from detailing on the weekends (to buy more shoes!!!)

I spent more time with the Metabo last night. It`s a very FINE piece! Really, the only thing that I don`t like is the location of the speed control, and it would be nice to have a trigger to control the speed on start up. The balance of the machine makes up for the shortcomings. If you are new to rotaries, this would be an easy machine to learn on (especially at the low 700 RPM setting).

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgm121499
    Family is ALWAYS free of charge. My in-laws are VERY cool and I guess I`m lucky that we`re close.

My family refuses to let me do their vehicles for free. "Treat us just like the rest of your customers -- charge me your regular rate."

I usually don`t, I`ll just tell them "charge me what you think is fair." Unfortunately, though, it usually leads to an insult when they hand me $20 and say "that should cover it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome addition. Please write a full review after extensive use. I am very interested in this piece.

Thanks John.

Thread Information