2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    im really looking into the hitachi
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    I have read just about all the literature on the Hitachi that I can find and I like the specs. I was hoping to find more user/owner response but it seems to be a new machine. I might have to just go ahead and bite the bullet.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    spoiledman have you used the makita?
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the Makita but not a lot.
    Triple Honda Owner

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.J.
    The HF does bog and is best used at near max speed. The machine is light wt. but my Makita works much better. My HF rotary is still for sell BTW. Check my Signature if interested!

JJ

That`s exactly why I find myself lifting up on the machine just slightly with my "control hand" to keep it at a relatively consistant speed around curves and whatnot. It still gives me the results MUCH faster than the PC ever has. I haven`t even touched the PC for the last few customer details I`ve done just because of the increased productivity. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    How about posting a link to the Hitachi? Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely think the machine gets the job done. In my previous post, I did not mean to imply that it didn`t. However, the machine is inferior to the likes of Makita, DeWalt and Metabo. I simply couldn`t take the noise. When I would polish side panels, the machine would scream in my ear. I could`ve use ear plugs, but I was looking for an excuse to buy the Makita anyway.

Like I said, the machine definitely gets the job done. It is perfect for the hobbiest looking to speed-up the process.

JJ

Edit: After reading the 1st page again, I would recommend the Makita to you all. I bought mine brand new, sealed in the box of ebay for $130.
    Umm! BLACK

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.J.
    I definitely think the machine gets the job done. In my previous post, I did not mean to imply that it didn`t. However, the machine is inferior to the likes of Makita, DeWalt and Metabo. I simply couldn`t take the noise. When I would polish side panels, the machine would scream in my ear. I could`ve use ear plugs, but I was looking for an excuse to buy the Makita anyway.

Which HF unit did you have, again? Mine with the bail handle (92623) started off having a "popcorn" noise, but after 2-3 times of using it, it now is no louder than a PC at speed 6 at worst... most of the time it is much quieter than that in fact. It could just be that these need some time to "break in" or perhaps you just got a defective unit. Who really knows.

Now, that`s not to say that the Makita isn`t a better machine, because it certainly is, but the HF units can be good too, if you happen upon the right one. Until such time that I start detailing more than three days a week for customers, I can live between it and my PC. :grinno:

Like I said, the machine definitely gets the job done. It is perfect for the hobbiest looking to speed-up the process.

Absolutely :clap: Hobbyists, weekend warriors "part time pros," et al... definitely a productivity advantage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomangt
    How about posting a link to the Hitachi? Gary

Ask and ye shall receive.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    anybody try the 50 buck one with the electronic speed control? that one is good right because it will keep the same speed through all pressres?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chang
    anybody try the 50 buck one with the electronic speed control? that one is good right because it will keep the same speed through all pressres?

In theory it should be good; I have not tried it, though. I`m half tempted to order one and try it, and then probably send it back.... just for the sake of curiousity. In the long run I plan on getting a makita. :woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chang

I briefly spoke to someone who bought this unit that accidentally depressed the trigger while they were pressing down on the lock pin used for changing the backing plate and this of course broke something inside the machine and unfortunately they did this before they got a chance to use the machine on their car. They also had a Makita there to compare with and they said the $50 HF unit with the LCD was significantly noisier than the Makita (what a surprise :chuckle: ).

Make note that the minimum speed of this unit is 1,000 RPM if that`s of importantce to you. I like the concept of the LCD and it appears to be a fairly light weight tool and would probably do a good job being that it has good power, speed control, soft start, etc, but without seeing one first hand and personally using, its a hard call to make. It will be likely be lacking in quality compared to the more commonly known good polishers (Makita, Metabo, Hitachi, Fein) and parts availability will be an issue if that`s a concern.

I too would like to hear someone chime in about this product that has actual experience with it in addition to other polishers (i.e. Pro Line, etc). There`s bound to be a lower cost hidden gem out there somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone use the DeWalt high speed anymore? or is that over priced when being compared to similiar models? Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Black & Decker unit that spawned the Dewalt. I bought it new in `96 when there weren`t many choices at all. I`m looking for something lighter for hanging on to side panels.
    Triple Honda Owner

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information