Post Thanks / Like
    This is taking wayyyyyyyyyy too long. Im using the 4" cutting pads from Lake Country and a Porter Cable 7336 w/ #83 at speed 5-6.

For me to completly remove swirls from a relatively small vehicle it is VERY time consuming. I am losing money this way and I need to do something about it.

Maybe I am pushing the limits of the PC, and its time for a rotary?

Post Thanks / Like
    time for a rotary

Post Thanks / Like
    One point is I do not think I would do a WHOLE vehicle with 4 inch pads. That will add more time in itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would step up to the cyclo. I bought a PC, then a rotary, and recently acquired my cyclo. I now only use my rotary for compounding on really fubared paints, and do all of my finish work with the cyclo, which, IMO does a lot more paint correction than the PC is capable of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man there you go with that Cyclo stuff again! Yeah, you might want to take a look at a Cyclo. Your body will thank you for not having to deal with the vibration and being finished sooner. As soon as I can sell my wife on this thing I`m getting one!
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    Man there you go with that Cyclo stuff again! Yeah, you might want to take a look at a Cyclo. Your body will thank you for not having to deal with the vibration and being finished sooner. As soon as I can sell my wife on this thing I`m getting one!

One down, several thousand to go

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh!

I get these heavily swirled cars and owners expecting miracles.

Seems like the broken back and hours upon hours spent trying to get it perfect isnt worth it. I would go out and get a cyclo if it was THAT much easier. The PC is good for applying wax, thats where it ends for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some how I see Accumulator stopping here.... I would be partial to the Cyclo(even though I don`t have one YET) even if it did the same amount of work as the PC just for the smoothness in which it operates. The good thing about that is that is does MORE work than the PC and is simply more powerful. It will take a little adjustment to how you do things compared to the PC but it wont take you long to get a hang of it. From what I see right now, the cheapest place to get one would be www.autogeek.com.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    Some how I see Accumulator stopping here.... I would be partial to the Cyclo(even though I don`t have one YET) even if it did the same amount of work as the PC just for the smoothness in which it operates....

Heh heh, "you rang?"

Yeah, using the Cyclo is enjoyable, using the PC is just better than doing stuff by hand.

I`m always a little hesitant to say that the Cyclo is all *that* much more powerful than the PC, but it does do a bit more and you won`t mess up your paint. Great stepping-stone on the way to a rotary too. If you have trouble mastering "rotary techniques" with the Cyclo, at least you won`t be doing damage. Pretend it`s a rotary and get your technique down pat.

And yeah, IMO you people doing cars for other people need to be realistic anyhow. If you *do* get them marring free, how often can you keep doing it before you have to say you can`t take off any more clear? If they`re just gonna mar them up again anyhow I`d simply do what can be done with the Cyclo (following a discussion with the customer, of course).

Thread Information