Post Thanks / Like
    First off, I`m a n00b to machine polishing, so I`m asking some pretty basic questions here. I came across some random cutting pads and miscellaneous items for free and I just bought a PC 7424, and now I just need to know if they will work together to get the job done. I`ll be polishing my fiance`s car (black Toyota Solara, medium swirls and minor oxidation) and mine (silver Subaru WRX in pretty good shape, but a few micro-scratches/blemishes can be seen). Of course, I`ll be claying before and waxing after, but it`s the polishing I`m worried about.

Here`s my polishing inventory:

PC 7424 (comes with 5" counterweight)

Sonus DAS 5" flexplate

6" counterweight

6" velcro contour pad

6.5" DA orange cutting pad

6.5" DA white polishing pad

Meg`s #83 DACP

3M SMR

I realize this is sort of a mix-and-match of random stuff, but what combination can I use to polish effectively? I`d like to go with what I already have, since my pockets are kind of light right now.

Can I use the 6.5" pads on a 5" flexplate/counterweight? Or do I need to buy a 6" flexplate?

Forgive my ignorance - I`m learning as I go. Thanks in advance!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You should be fine with the 5" plate and weight. It`s important that the pad be larger than the backing plate.

You probably won`t need the cutting pad at all. Use the #83 DACP with the polishing pad. Often DACP leaves some hazing that needs to be taken out with a lighter polish, such as #80 Speed Glaze (also applied with a polishing pad).

In my experience, the 3M SMR doesn`t work well with a PC.
    A well-prepared surface will make any wax look good.

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome fellow subie person man we are seeing a lot of them.. Anyways I would if i were you get the BIG O for polish is works a long time and you will be able to use it with any pad and not have to worry about this with that and will this be ok.. you just put a little on the pad and work it in till you think your done then work it in for a little more it`s just like that.. Anyways if you have gotten pads I would suggest the Edge 2000 you will not need a backing plate just the adapter. get one of each pad(you use both side so it`s really like getting two pads) this way you don`t have to worry about centering or anything like that I use them both on the PC and Rotary it works VERY NICE..

patrick

PS where are you located?

Thread Information