Post Thanks / Like
    I was using my Makita for about 3 hours when this yellow oily stuff started to come out right were the metal front section meets the blue plastic portion. Anybody ever have this happen? Is there any self contained oil system in these things? It`s less than a year old so I can send it back but I can`t live w/o it for weeks or how ever long it takes for me to get it back. I was thinking about buying a backup PC anyhow, but sheesh the 9227 is only 6 mon ths old.

Post Thanks / Like
    To answer your question yes the machines do have oil that is normally contained to lubricate the moving parts, constant running at a max of 3000 RPMs would be immediate death without proper lubrication (think of oil in your car). This happened to someone not too long ago with a 7428 if I recall correctly. Being that the machine is only 6 months old the retailer would be able to replace the defective machine for you; only after the 1 year mark would you have to file a complaint with Makita (like I did, sent my 9227 back 4 weeks ago and I`ll be waiting until June to get another). If the retailer makes you wait for a replacement, although they should not, you can go to an industrial repair shop to have them check it out. Check with the retailer and see if they can issue a replacement quickly.
    Seeking Donations: Recently Diagnosed With Terminal Senioritis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, what happened to yours?
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    The motor just plain old gave out for not reason out of the blue. I owned it for right around 14 months and had it serviced twice (6 month intervals). Makita said they would replace it being that I did not use it hard as long as they could take a look at it to make sure it was not neglected in any way. I never even laid the thing on the pavement without a towel underneath! Anyway they said that will take 12-14 weeks to do so I just ordered a replacement DeWalt DW849 to use intermittently; however it is going to be tough to part with either of them - they both have features I love. Maybe I`ll get rid of them both for a Metabo . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Who did you contact, I think I am going to have to send it to Makita because I can`t find the invoice.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    I initially sent an email and they contacted me back by phone as per my request.

If you contact the company you purchased from they may backup invoices for up to a year for warranty purposes. Its worth a try before going through the hassle of having to buy a replacement and lose money reselling it.

Thread Information