Post Thanks / Like
    Well I just ordered my Makita 9227C rotary from autogeek along with a 6" inch backing plate. I have already recieved 7.5" LC VC pads from topoftheline. (2 white, 1 orange, 1 yellow) Along with Menzerna Powergloss!

Few questions regarding the Makita. The dial to control max RPMS, does the 1 setting mean 1000 rpms. ETC. I want to stay at 1000RPM`s an bump up 1500RPMS max for this Fridays detail Im doing. What are the dial numbers for 1000 and 1500 RPMS respectively. (I do understand that you can feather the trigger for lower the dialed in RPMS with the Makita.)

As a side note, is a 1994 Acura Legend`s (dark green) Paint SS or clearcoated?

And when people say to use Medium pressure with the Rotary does it mean a slightly more pressure than the weight of the rotary?
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    If you haven`t used one before, i wouldn`t use it on Friday`s detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one of those chicago cheapie rotary i have been practicing with. Its just I dont know if there is much difference between different Rotary`s. If different pressures bog down much on different rotaries etc. When i used the chicago rotary on a practice panel I used my PC 6.5" pads. Its a 11 amp motor while the Makita is only a 9 Amp i believe. Dial settings for RPMS may also be different that my cheapie rotary.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    Makita

1= 600rpm

2= 900 rpm

3= 1500rpm

Mine came with a 6 inch backing plate, so if yours does too you`ll have an extra. I don`t use any pressure when polishing and would suggest if your not familar with a rotary for you to do the same. I have never burned any paint and have polished many cars. I hope you have another less aggressive polish to finish of that power gloss too? FPII sets that shine very nicely. My machine has never bogged down either, it will cut what you tell it to cut, end of story.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Then i agree with BQ, i don`t use much pressure. Let the machine do most of the work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have FPII and IP already. This 94 acura is in PRETTY BAD shape. I dont think in its 11 years of existence its even been clayed, or polished!
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    I should clarify by saying no pressure, I mean using the weight of the machine.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Good Luck with your Makita 9227C! It`s one damn best machine. I started machine buffing using that rotary. (I have not the chance to own a PC, thus I went straight to the Makita Rotary)

It`s a hybrid machine. Sometimes I even LSP at 600 rpm.
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Thread Information