Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    When you have to put your PC down to wipe off product / residue, what do you put it on? Of course I always lay it on it`s side, but the pad still touches. I tried a spare MF towel (figured no lint, no contamination, etc.), but if there is any rotation still, it wads it up. Tried a lid from a 5G bucket, but if there is any rotation when the pad hits it-shoots it across the floor. Been using an extra carpet type of doormat recently, but I`m afraid I am contaminating the pad with this. Thinking about buying one of those cheap, heavy rubber `Welcome` mats that could be slid around the car, washed off when it was dirty, and wouldn`t shoot out if I hit it while the PC was still spinning. Any thoughts? What do you use?

BTW-I rep for a company that makes custom molded rubber mats-would be cool to do one just for this with a `PC` design on it.
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Post Thanks / Like
    I presume that you mean while you wipe down the car and not the PC pad ?

I had the same dilemma and ended up using an empty wash bucket.

I turn the PC upside down and rest the backing plate on one side of the bucket lip and the cable end of the PC on the other.

No good if the pads still turning though â€Â¦

Hope this helps.

WD :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had the same problem. I place a clean towel on either side of the car to place the PC on the towel when I need to pause to remove product, etc. The nice thing about the Makita rotary is that you can put it upside down on the handle and the pad will not touch the ground.

Post Thanks / Like
    I complained about this once before and everybody seemed to think I was crazy. There is no good way to put the darned thing down without danger of it falling over or contaminating the pad. I like to lay the thing on it`s back on a little table near the car, but it wants to fall over and roll off the table, it would be nice if, as Carl said, the handle or body was shaped as a rest, like the Makita. Someone needs to design a cradle to rest the thing on, or that attaches...hmmm....

Post Thanks / Like
    I lay the PC on it`s back (pad facing up) and it stays in that position. Never have a problem. Maybe I`m not understanding whats being said here:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by kompressornsc

I tried a spare MF towel (figured no lint, no contamination, etc.), but if there is any rotation still, it wads it up. Tried a lid from a 5G bucket, but if there is any rotation when the pad hits it-shoots it across the floor.

Why do you have rotation? You should not remove the PC from the surface of the car until it has stopped. Once it stops you lift the PC and lay it down where you want. How do you end up shooting the lid from 5G bucket across the floor?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

Why do you have rotation? You should not remove the PC from the surface of the car until it has stopped. Once it stops you lift the PC and lay it down where you want. How do you end up shooting the lid from 5G bucket across the floor?

Probably `cause I don`t do it right.

Honestly, if I let the PC stop each time, it would take me forever. I don`t see why it would make a difference as long as you`re not slinging product.

If the pad hits the lid first, any rotation at all will shoot the lightweight lid (plastic on cement=no grip).

I suppose that if you let the PC stop completely, you could balance it on its back, and spinning & it would fall over though.
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Post Thanks / Like

I lay the PC on it`s back (pad facing up) and it stays in that position. Never have a problem. Maybe I`m not understanding whats being said here:nixweiss

same here

Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose that if you let the PC stop completely, you could balance it on its back, and spinning & it would fall over though.

Why are you removing the pad from the surface if its still rotating anyway !? I have never had any problem laying it on its back, its stays resting fine for me, Im with SteveT.........
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe a change was made to the shape of the case? If I lay mine down on its back, it wants to roll one way or the other. One way the handle stops it, the other way it falls on the pad edge. I don`t like putting mine on the ground for fear of dust or debris getting kicked up on it, so I lay it on a small table or one of those foot-high rubbermaid step stools...but all it takes is a little jiggle of the cord to make it want to roll the other way, and perhaps fall off the step-stool.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the advantage of letting the pad come to a complete stop before removing it? I can see no advantage to it, except if you were getting sling.

And I don`t use the handle, so maybe that`s why I can`t lay it on it`s back.
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Post Thanks / Like
    I just lay mine down on it`s back and tip it towards the handle which keeps the pad almost perfectly upright, kinda acts like a tripod. hope this makes sense

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm..power down and carefully lay her on her back
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

I lay the PC on it`s back (pad facing up) and it stays in that position. Never have a problem.

Me too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a cord reel that I roll out from the wall socket to my work zone. It`s an orange donut shaped thing that`s dished in on the sides. Brings power to the people and makes a lovely rest for the buffer.

It`s a lot heavier and I presume more stable than a lid but I always let the pad stop before removing it.

PC.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information