Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    After using my Porter Cable for a little over a full year on cars from showroom new to 10 years old I have come to the conclusion that the Porter Cable was a wise investment but a waste of time.

The Cyclo works much better. The normal 8 hour polishing session took 2 hours at most. The motor`s don`t bog down, the one speed is excellent and it works so much more efficently. For example, with the Porter Cable; I was using a yellow (heavy) pad and a compound to heavy swirls (swirls you could just about see in the shade). With the Cyclo I was using the white (medium) pads and 3M Swirl Mark Remover and I removed more swirls on every pass, used less polish and once again saved myself hours and hours and hours of polishing! Heck, even the machine itself is so much more comfortable to use, it doesn`t vibrate nearly as much and doesnt leave your hand/forearm feeling tingly after using it on an entire car.

It may cost more but the cost increase to me was more than worth it, man, I really regret not getting this thing soon enough. I no longer fear heavy swirled cars because my polisher is too weak and it will take too much time. I have even bother to use anything like the yellow pads and a heavier polish like 3M Finesse IT-II.

P.S. Also tried P21S wax instead of Zaino or Klasse Glaze and I`m more than happy with that as well. I had an overall nice weekend. Put the 12 bolt with 4.10 gears in my car, detailed my buddies car, slept for 4 hours and worked at a dyno garage all day. Tired but never had some much to do, the weekend FLEW by.

GET A CYCLO!!! :up

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm...now you`ve sparked my curiousity. anybody else feel the same way?
    01 Supercharged Nissan Frontier

Post Thanks / Like
    I have alwats liked the CP. It has a few limitations. The design makes it more difficult to get into tight areas. If you`re willing to pop for a CP, get a rotary and learn to use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the DeWalt rotary as well, the pads are just too big for me, it`s so aggrivating trying to detail a car with those monster pads but the results can never be touched with a random orbital. A rotary will amaze you every time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Cyclo and love the thing. I`ve had mine around 8-9 years. I use my rotary for heavy swirl and scratch removal and the Cyclo for polishing and wax application. Can`t beat it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an old Cyclo that I used when I owned my shop. We only used it for scrubbing seats and carpet. Huh, maybe I should get some pads and try it for polishing? Would be easier to use in tight spots than the rotary.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a Cyclo.. gave it to my dad and kept my PC. The Cyclo was okay but on my vehicles, there were too many spots I couldnt get it in to.

Post Thanks / Like
    LightngSVT - Get some pads ASAP, it works awesome on paint.

JayC - I used the advanced concave foam pads for the Porter Cable. One of those is about as wide as the Cyclo so they are both the same. The Cyclo total pad "height" is not as bad as the Porter Cable advanced pads but the "width" is about the same; a tad less.

So far there were only a few spots I had to do my hand, with the time I saved I was more than happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve often been interested in the Cyclo vs. the PC. I love my PC but sometimes I think it needs a little more OOMPH without needing enough cut to be worth the risk of a rotary polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    How were you using the cycle? Slow passes? Fast passes? The cycle is the polisher with two "heads" right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have a picture of one? I don`t know what you are talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard a lot of good things about the Cyclo...
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    The Cyclo is a great machine but carries a hefty price tag. I have 2 right now and will soon order a 3rd because the first one I bought has been dropped one too many times and sounds a little sick

I have been using them for about 8 or 9 years now and wouldn`t give it up for the PC. It has a great feel and balance and can be used easily with one hand. The drawback is, which is really slight, is that tight spaces can be tricky BUT there is now a 4 inch adapter pad for the PC so it can then be fitted with a Cyclo pad and you can now get into even tighter spaces with the PC:up

The Cyclo combines the best of both worlds and is a true Dual Action polisher in that the pads spin or oscillate and they also vibrate and the Cyclo can take much more pressure than the PC before it bogs out.

Here is a picture of a Cyclo for those seeking.

http://www.topoftheline.com/cycorpol.html
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it just me, or is the price on the Cyclo not really that bad?

For $290 you get the machine, cutting pads, polishing pads, finishing pads, scrub brushes.

So basically its $100 more than a PC equipped similarly...

Hmm...

Post Thanks / Like
    Please see my post in my Sponser area! I just put in something about the Cyclo some of you may find interesting. $290? That`s too much, guys!

R Regan
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information