Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cyclo experts...

I was reviewing the specs between the PC and Cyclo... The max OPM on the PC 7424 is 6,000 and the Cyclo 3200 opm (from topoftheline.com)...

Is there something to explain the specs when most say the Cyclo is more powerful than the PC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Chris Y.

I was reviewing the specs between the PC and Cyclo... The max OPM on the PC 7424 is 6,000 and the Cyclo 3200 opm (from topoftheline.com)...

Is there something to explain the specs when most say the Cyclo is more powerful than the PC?

I`m no expert and have never used the cyclo before, but anthony mentions that it can sustain more weight before bogging down. The speeds that you list are without load. I lean into my PC when i use it, and it slows down quite a bit. I`m guessing that the cyclo can maintain most of its speed while being weighted, which in the end could be faster than a weighted PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Raymond is correct and to add to that we must also be aware that the PC is variable speed, so that 6000 OPM is more likely than not at the #6 setting which can be very uncomfortable on the hands and wrists after an extended period of time.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    The highest speed on the PC is pretty aggrivaiting after a few hours.

With the Cyclo I was making normal passes (2-3 inches per second).

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would be beneficial to explain how the CP works, so people understand it better.

The idea behind the CP is the same as a dual-head floor polisher. It has two heads, spinning in opposite directions, so the machine remains balanced. It does not buzz or wander. The opposing heads create an overlapping polishing pattern. Each head is direct drive. This is not a random orbit, dual-action machine.

If I`m not mistaken, the heads spin at 1,800 RPM (3,600 RPM combined), which makes the machine pretty safe. The gear box generates a lot of torque, so even though you don`t have the speed of a rotary, you can apply pressure to get more work out of a machine polish.

Operation of the machine is very smooth, and they are quite compared to a dual-action machine. The CP is not light... you will get a workout on a large vehicle with a lot of side panel area.

It`s very easy to use on large areas, but clumsy in tight spots. If you`re thinking of making this your primary machine, you should compliment it with an electric drill equipped with a 5.25" backing plate so you can machine polish areas not accessible to the CP.

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of pads are most preferred for the Cyclo? Lake Country I`m guessing?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought whatever Top of the line had in stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    4 inch foam pads..yellow (cutting) green (polishing) white (finishing). You can also get a wool pad which are great for aluminum polishing. We sell only the foam ones, but I`ll be getting wool pads as I`ve had enough interest from RV owners with Alum. Trailers. They also work great on diamond plated surfaces.

Make sure your order includes 2 pads for the Cyclo. You can usually get 2 pads for about $5.75. The yellow pad price is a little more because they are thicker and cost more. The backing velcro pads are about $10.00 per set.

These pads are velcro backed so they come off and on pretty easily.

Hope that helps,

R Regan
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by WCD

You can also get a wool pad which are great for aluminum polishing.

Yeah, I used one with my PC on my mufflers with superb results:up
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve mentioned this on other threads before, so I hope I dont dound repetitious, but Rightlook.com carries this machine also for the same amount of money and you get a detailed 30 page manual on how to properly use the CP to get the best results. There is a lot of helpful hints in it on how to remove swirls and scratches easily, and just a lot of good info. I previously owned a Versa-tool, which is the plastic version of the CP until I dropped it and it broke. Turns out that is made in China and you can`t get replacement parts for it... hence me buying a CP. What a world of difference. Its a little heavier but that just makes it so much better on the top panels of the vehicles. It is a little harder to use on the sides of the vehicles, but if you every use a rotary to remove swirls, you wont even notice the CPs weight. You can tell that the extra money you pay goes into the craftsmenship of the machine as it is the most balanced polisher ive ever used. You will be happy with the results if you buy one!
    If it don`t shine, it ain`t mine!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a rookie here so be gentle with me.

I joined because I saw someone wanted to see just what a CYCLO 5 looks like and they forgot how to search the web.:nixweiss

(jk)

Here is the Cyclo5

though I have never used this unit YET I do have one,The previous owner said he loved using it when he was in the business.

Now everybody knows what this is

Yes the cyclo`s are a little more expensive, I feel they are limited to the work they preform (i don`t think they will do well in tight spaces and on heavy contoured body).

but then again I have not used mine YET.

here is a link that shows how to use the cyclo with a polishing cloth and the buffing cloth

http://www.perfectpolish.com/Using%2...20Polisher.htm

cotton sweatshirt material. The wipe-off rag can be an old terry cloth towel

I strongly suggest not using a sweatshirt or old terry cloth towel on a painted surface PLEASE

This machine was made for polishing aircraft aluminum and Hot Rod`ers years ago found it worked well in the auto industry.

good luck

Rich
    Beercan

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

...will soon order a 3rd because the first one I bought has been dropped one too many times and sounds a little sick

Heh heh, you acutally managed to make a Cyclo sound a little sick? If you want to get it looked at, talk with Steve at CycloToolMakers. I`m gonna finally send my (oldest) one back for a rebuild, and their prices sounded pretty good (good enough that I can`t remember how much).

Nice to see the Cyclo getting so much attention these days...it`s a great machine, despite it`s limitations.

Post Thanks / Like
    If your mechanically inclined you can go here and

http://www.perfectpolish.com/Catalog...Repair%20Parts

go to the lower portion of the page and down load the parts break down and part number list and fix it your self.
    Beercan

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been praising the Cyclo for years now. It seemed that the more I talked about it someone would use the argument that EVERYBODY uses the PC here. When I was looking into a DA, I turned here for advice and I have to say that I am so glad I did not listen to anyone. That is almost everyone I chatted with on this board.

Why argue about the price of a cyclo when it is a superior tool. Ask ANY experienced detailer in California about the Cyclo. Personally, I think it is a necessity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan It`s ok that`s why there`s 64 crayons in the box everybody gets to play.

Why argue about the price of a cyclo when it is a superior tool. Ask ANY experienced detailer in California about the Cyclo. Personally, I think it is a necessity.
    some of us are on fixed incomes and thats a heck of a lot of money.

I like to read other opinions but I don`t like it shoved down my throat Ya know it`s "my way or now way at all" mentality. but even that`s ok because I don`t work for them.
    Beercan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information