Post Thanks / Like
    Alright guys, I`ve been somewhat of a lurker for over a year at the recomendation of Scottwax from way back when. With his recomendation last spring I purchased some Vanilla Moose, Mequires Swirl Free Polish, and S100. I did the whole process once about a year ago by hand and that was a chore. I have only done S100 since then. But with the weather nice I want to do a nice job on my car and need help picking stuff out.

I have read and searched to try and avoid having to make a post but I`m still undecided. I know everyone strongly suggests the PC but not sure if I need something that big/costly. I only plan on doing my car a couple times this summer and want to do a good job once on my wife`s black car to sell it off. If I shell out the cash for a PC I will really have to try and do some friend`s cars and such for a little cash to help off set the cost, this is something I really don`t want to do but will if need be.

I have seen many links on where to buy the PC but they all are either not working or now have a higher price than posted. And I am also not sure as to which pads to use for each product. I don`t plan on doing much more that the 3 products I listed except maybe some clay before if needed.

So I ask the knowledgeable people of Autopia to help me pick out a polisher/buffer that will do the job I need or should I just bite the bullet and get the PC. And can you guys point me in the right direction price wise and maybe some links. And any suggestions on pads with links would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    99 Electron Blue Pearl Civic SI

94 Black VW Golf Sport (wife`s)

87 Mazda ExCab Minitruck (project)

www.leftcoastimports.com www.leftcoastcustoms.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If you pay for the PC now, the extra money you get from the sell of your wife`s car after doing a good detail will more than offset the price you pay for the PC.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with the PC, it is a really nice/durable piece of equipment

www.coastaltool.com has them and www.topoftheline.com has the pads. It`s going to be about $200 total with the pc and a few pads and shipping
    Black Mustang GT

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You really don`t have many options.

1. Buy the Porter Cable at the best price you can find (Coastaltool.com ?)

2. Have Scottwax do the work for you.

3. Buy the PC, do both of your cars twice, and then sell the PC to Scottwax for $60!

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright guys, I see the PC on Coastal for $119 with 6" backing plate and weight. Does coastal also have the pads? Which would you suggest for Vanilla moose and Swirl free polish? And I`m assuming that S100 is applied by hand but is there a pad to remove it? Thank you again. Might just order this tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    coastal does not sell pads

I remove all products by hand
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    yea a PC is a great tool....it can help you out when you get into jams....like if you park to close to a bush and it creates a small scratch... a pc will get it out really fast....after a couple uses it will have paid for itself IMO..

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d order pads from TOL, CMA, Autopia, or get them at a local autobody supplier.

VM- polishing pad. SFP- cutting or (more usual) polishing pad.

Yes, it`s worth the money.

While I like applying and removing LSPs by maching, it`s tough to find just the right removal bonnet for each application. So for now, use the PC to apply polishes and do the rest by hand until you`re familiar with the machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, thanks everyone for your advice. I think I am going to order the PC this week if I can`t find it local. I found it the other day for $130 at a store but I don`t think that had the backing pad or anything.

As far as pads, I`m still unsure what I want. I`ve seen all the different ones available on the sites listed and such. My new question is, are the ones I can get at an autobody supplier as good as the ones I can order? Is there a difference or even a brand or something I should be looking for when picking out pads.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, just ordered the PC so I`m excited about that but still unsure on which pads I should get. I looked at topoftheline but still unsure which pads I should get. I`m going to try and stop by the autobody supplier tommorrow and see what they have.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered my PC from coastaltools.com. Pretty good deal there, then I ordered the deluxe pad kit from CMA. This kit has a tone of stuff in it. I`m also exicted, can`t wait to try it out and get my ride looking good.

This stuff is getting addicting!
    SB2G

1997 Ford Explorer Sport

Forest Green

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Phillips is getting a package deal together with a Megs PC (PC with Meguire`s name on it, plus a lifetime gaurantee) check

Meguiresonline.com

Check- Definitive PC Thread

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=14421
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a PC/Wolfgang kit on AutoGeek`s web site--new package, of course--good price considering the three products that come with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I went to the autobody supply store I usually go to and they had teh Mequiars pads for about $10 each so I just picked up some of them to start with. Can`t wait for the PC to get here so I can do my cars.

Thread Information