Post Thanks / Like
    As a newbie, I hand waxed this passed season with Pinnacle Souveran. I now want to try doing my machine, hopefully to enhance the shine. Can anyone offer advise on which one I should buy? Any comments accepted. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    PC seems to be the favorite here. Also cheaper.

It has definitly helped me with time and the "work". Keep in mind you`ll have to get some pads too. I spent just under $200 for my PC and pads. One of my best investments this year.

And since no PC thread can go without mention of this thread, here`s some light reading

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=14421

Post Thanks / Like
    fjt- It may be worth your time to do a search on "Cyclo". I`ve used the Cyclo for nearly twenty years and I`ve posted stuff about it before. Don`t mean to blow you off, just don`t have time to re-key that stuff now. I see the PC and the Cyclo as complimentary rather than either/or, like open and closed-end wrenches.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered a Cyclo:xyxthumbs thanks go to Accumulator
    Born to "Explore"

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted the following on another forum but I think my comments apply here too:

The Cyclo seems to be a real nice machine but I`d never recommend it for one reason: lack of support. Over the past several years I have not met too many people who own a Cyclo. By comparison, there are many people who own a PC which means you have a large, ready made support group who can help you get the most out of the machine.

If you do some searching you won`t find too many retailers who sells pads and parts for the Cyclo, while PC pads and parts seem to be everywhere. Lots of supply means low prices and easy availability.

Some aggressive shopping of the PC will turn up many suppliers and some low prices. When you look at the bottom lines of both machines, its hard to justify the Cyclo unless you have a specific need or desire for one.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I guess it PC for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just recently purchased the Cyclo Polisher/Sander myself. I guess it`s a matter of personal preference. I just received the shipment last week and hope to get the opportunity to use it this week-end.

Post Thanks / Like
    fjt

Souveran is sooooo slick and buttery, I don`t think you need to deviate from doing it by hand. Wax is transparent, so its the PREP that is important. You can put Souveran over Klasse and get an absolutely brillint shine. That is what is on my truck in my avitar.

Thread Information