Post Thanks / Like
    I have a porter cable 7424 and i need to color sand some areas (inside of door) and some other areas that need it, some areas are so hard to reach that a machine may never get in there. So i have 2 questions.

1) the areas (like under a door handle where you can see) that are unreachable by machine, can you still color sand and use all of the compounds (heavy/medium/fine/SMR) to achieve ideal results?

2) For the inside of the door where there is orange peel, can i use my dual action, i know its nothing compared to an orbital for color sanding but i am still curious about this. I also have another area that has some paint bubbles and imperfections that need to be leveled.

So can my DA get me where i want to be? (i know not as much as an orbital but i dn`t have the loot right now for another machine)

Post Thanks / Like
    For both of those areas I would think compounding/polishing by hand would be best. The pads on those machines are too big to cover 100% of the area. It`s time consuming to detail by hand but you`d be able to get at more of the paint. If your car is clearcoated then I wouldn`t see an issue with compounding then polishing but don`t expect quick results. Even compounding with a Porter Cable is a very very slow process when your trying to remove orange peel.

Thread Information