Post Thanks / Like
    How much more effective is the Cyclo polisher? Would I be happy with the performance difference if I sold my Porter Cable setup to buy a Cyclo?

There is a huge gap in performance between the Porter Cable random orbital and my DeWalt. I am looking for a safe yet effective machine so my brother can help me detail yet not run a risk of damaging anyones paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    joed1228- I have both the Cyclo and the PC, been using the Cyclo since the mid `80`s. I GENERALLY prefer the Cyclo, but I wouldn`t dispense with the PC to get one. It`s more like they compliment each other. It might make a good companion to your Dewalt, if the Dewalt is going to be your 5-6" random orbital.

The Cyclo`s fixed speed (I can`t remember how fast it is, but it`s maybe like 5 on the PC) is sometimes too fast for SOME people using SOME products. It`s a little too fast for KAIO, for instance (but I use it anyhow, no big problem). Plus, it doesn`t seem to slow/bog down as much the PC can if you really get on it. I like the overlapping nature of the two pads.

The Cyclo is harder to get in tight areas compared to the PC, despite the smaller heads. Many people find it more pleasant to use than the PC, especially beginners. The vibration is very different and it`s generally better balanced. Much more limited pad selection with the Cyclo and it has a much shorter cord. The on-off switch is more convenient than the PC`s, but it can be easy to accidentally turn the unit OFF until you`re used to it.

It`s not necessarily as huge a jump up from the PC (or other 6" RO) as some might suggest. It`s not like you`re switching to a rotary or anything. The Cyclo WILL run forever without any maintenance, much more durable than the PC, in my experience.

All in all I DO prefer the Cyclo and use it the most, but I get the feeling that it`s a VERY individual-preference sort of thing.

Thread Information