Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys I`ve been detailing for a while, but never have got into the paint correction stuff. Many of my clients are asking me about it so I`ve been researching on this website and what not. My question is: how can I get rid of swirl marks with a Griots DA? Do i need to get different pads than the orange and red ones? what is the best wax/polish/compound to get. Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    The best route, IMO is to get the Meguiars microfiber cutting pads. Really good cut with D300 (the compound made for the pads) as well as Meguiars #105, Optimum Hyper Compound and Uno (although I haven`t personally used it with Uno yet, others have). Follow up with a polishing using a cutting pad (hard paints) or a polishing pad (soft paint) to remove any light marring you may get with the MF cutting pad. In most cases, two steps will get you rotary or near rotary correction on most paints.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adamh3
    Hey guys I`ve been detailing for a while, but never have got into the paint correction stuff. Many of my clients are asking me about it so I`ve been researching on this website and what not. My question is: how can I get rid of swirl marks with a Griots DA? Do i need to get different pads than the orange and red ones? what is the best wax/polish/compound to get. Thanks everyone!

Welcome to Autopia!

The Griot`s pads are very good, and their orange pad (very different from other orange pads!) is very versatile. Scott also mentioned the products I`d recommend, and I`ll caution you that you can do better than Griot`s Machine Polishes, though I haven`t used them lately and perhaps they`ve changed them since my last try.

BUT as Scottwax pointed out, there are other pads that can be superior for certain tasks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Adam - where do you live? You have clients asking you about pain correction? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by adamh3

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Kansas City

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll echo with what ScottWax mentioned with the pads and compounding polishes.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information