Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just took my car to a local professional detailer to have my swirls removed and the surface prepped. Before the criticism starts, I don`t have a PC, nor do I have any experience with removing swirls. I didn`t want to start experimenting on my black car

Thsi detailers is recommended by several BMW and Mercedes dealerships in the area and I`ve seen samples of their work. I`m picking up the car tommorow and I`m confident 75% of the swirls will be gone which will be a vast improvement in my finish.

I`m opting to put my own sealant on since I shelled out some bucks to buy Zaino. It`s been raining cats and dogs here, so hopefully the drive back from the detailer to my underground garage at my apartment won`t get the car too dirty. Anyone have any tips on getting the car clean from a 5 mins drive in the rain (to get it ready for Zaino)?

I will be posting my results with Z5+Zfx and Z6 sometime in the next couple of days. I`m an Zaino newbie so the results should prove to be interesting

Post Thanks / Like
    Well before applying Z you need to dawn wash first. After that, since your surface is already been preped, Zaino your brains out. :xyxthumbs
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    wash with dawn even if the surface was just prepped and clayed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, still dawn wash. You to make sure there is nothing on the surface that will prevent the Z from bonding. And if you are driving the car home in the rain anyway, you should wash it before anything is applied to the surface.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    You should definitely Dawn wash because you don`t know what the P-Detailer put on it. Let`s just hope he didn`t put silicone spray on there that will come off and reveal any imperfections s/he left behind.

Post Thanks / Like
    tmchow,

What year, make, and model is your black car?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Zee salesman just balled me put. He told me

last week to keep doing Z5/Xed till your happy with the finish.

I didn`t ofcourse, put Z2 right away and now have

a little spider webbing going on.

Moral of the story is Z5 Z5 Z5 Z5 Z5 Z5 Z5 Z5

till you have a sheet of glass, then think about Z2.

My 2
    As Soon As I saw That Guys Cars Dirty I Knew He Was Going To Be A Failure! Donald Trump - The Apprentice

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

tmchow, What year, make, and model is your black car?</blockquote>

Olivher: Black 1997 VW GTI

You should definitely Dawn wash because you don`t know what the P-Detailer put on it. Let`s just hope he didn`t put silicone spray on there that will come off and reveal any imperfections s/he left behind.</blockquote>

Puterbum: What if it`s raining outside? Wash it quick with Dawn then drive it inside and dry it off?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rain? Who cares about rain? . Yeah, I would Dawn wash no matter what. If the car is clean and you know it, you could hose it down outside and bring it in the garage and Dawn wash the whole thing in there since you know it is clean and don`t need to use 2 buckets and all that.

Then drive out in the rain, hose it down and bring it in and dry! Maybe a non-silicone QD like Final Inspection could help the dry process if you get any waterspots.

Prep the surface very well before zaino! Make sure you dont let any waterspots get past you or you will have to ignore / fix them later.

Good luck!! You will enjoy the process and end results!

Post Thanks / Like

Rain? Who cares about rain? . Yeah, I would Dawn wash no matter what. If the car is clean and you know it, you could hose it down outside and bring it in the garage and Dawn wash the whole thing in there since you know it is clean and don`t need to use 2 buckets and all that.</blockquote>

I`ve got Z6 as well as EF CP.. which to use to help with the water spots? will it interfere with Z?

Also, when it`s really cold, I`ve always had a problem drying my car. There`s always this coating of water i just can`t get rid of (it`s 40 Deg here). Any tips?

Post Thanks / Like
    Use the z6 for any spots.

As for the cold you are getting a dew like water on the paint. You gotta wait for it to dry else a PIA to apply the Z.

Good Luck and post pics when done!

Post Thanks / Like
    If the swirls are not that bad, there is a decent chance the detailer removed all of them. If not, you ca get 3M SMR and go over your car, it`s really easy and even from a newbie`s view; really hard to screw your car up.

Your better just waiting and seeing what they did or did not do.

Post Thanks / Like

As for the cold you are getting a dew like water on the paint. You gotta wait for it to dry else a PIA to apply the Z.</blockquote>

Does anyone have any tips for getting this dew off when it`s cold? I`m sure there must be a ton of autopians who wash and dry their cars in 40 deg weather!

In the past, it didn`t make what I did, I couldn`t get the dew off!

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know what 40 Degrees is as I live in the SOUTH!!!!!

when it gets this cold I stay indoors and watch auto racing!

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s gonna be freezing today! I don`t think it will get over 75 degree`s :scared I just hate when it get so cold.....

H

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information