Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Do your neighbors think you`re nuts? I`ve had several tell me that "You`re always cleaning your cars, you must be obsessed".

While it`s true that both of my cars (black of course) are always super clean. I actually just enjoy the process and it`s how I unwind from a hectic day/week. It`s my "serenity now"

Nothing better than sipping a tall cool one, TV on in the background and detailing the car in a nice organized garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    hhehe yeah partially, but even more annoying is the, "So, when ya gonna do mine??" which i receive at least twice each time I do my own car... such is life being a 24 year old living in a semi-retirement community.

Oddly, when I say, "sure i`ll do yours for $150," they all leave.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a classic line I got from one of my neighbors one time...

"If you keep doing that (detailing I assume) there isn`t going to be any paint left"

Yeah ok....
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Pats300zx [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Here`s a classic line I got from one of my neighbors one time...

"If you keep doing that (detailing I assume) there isn`t going to be any paint left"

Yeah ok.... [/b]</blockquote>
    oh! i get that one too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure that a few of my neighbors think I`m crazy. But then again, I think they`re crazy for other reasons, so it evens out.
    1999 Grand Cherokee Limited V8

1994 Acura Legend GS Sedan

1996 Nissan Maxima GXE

Post Thanks / Like
    Our neighborhood busy body drops by about two months ago and I am in the garage detailing the Cobra. Kay [wife] is standing in the garge door. Miss busy body sticks her nose in and says to my wife "If you ask me your husband spends to much time working on his car and cleaning it. What a waste of time."

Kay looks at here and said "Well, # 1, nobody asked you what you thought. #2 I would rather have him doing this kinda of stuff then having to go bail him out of jail for Drunk Driving like you have had to do with your husband." END OF CONVERSATION.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SteveMoriarty [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Our neighborhood busy body drops by about two months ago and I am in the garage detailing the Cobra. Kay [wife] is standing in the garge door. Miss busy body sticks her nose in and says to my wife "If you ask me your husband spends to much time working on his car and cleaning it. What a waste of time."
    Kay looks at here and said "Well, # 1, nobody asked you what you thought. #2 I would rather have him doing this kinda of stuff then having to go bail him out of jail for Drunk Driving like you have had to do with your husband." END OF CONVERSATION. [/b]</blockquote>
    Ouch!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I get it ALL the time. My neighbors all think that I have OCD (obsessive compulsive dissorder), they may be right, but it`s not gonna stop me! Every once and a while this guy walks by when Im washin my car and he says "Now you`ve gone and done it... It`s gonna rain now!" I too live in a retirement community, so everybody who walks by has to give in their $.02.

I think my neighbors hate me. I retired Dec. 31, 2000 at age 51. After working over 100 hours a week running my computer store, I had had it. I now take a job every now and then and work a month or two just to break up the routine. Some of my wife`s friends have asked her why I can`t keep a job! I spend my days detailing my `92 Lingenfelter Corvette or my Jeep Cherokee. Should have seen the neighbors when I proceeded to color-sand the entire Jeep. Just to keep them on their toes, I recently went to Albuquerque,NM from Omaha and picked up a `93 Vetec Prelude for my son. Now I`ve spent the last couple weeks repainting the roof, hood, trunk and wing and am now in the process of color-sanding the rest of it to match (it`s black pearl). I love it when they go by walking their dog or themselves and I see them whispering and staring at my antics! My 15 year old son`s buddies constantly bug him to ask how much I`d charge to make their cars look like mine! Life is great!

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont necessarily know if my neighbors think I`m crazy, but my parents do. My mom especially. She always slaps me with the water bill during the summer months But I figure that they should be happy that I`m doing my best to keep my vehicle (that they are at the moment still paying on) as well as theirs in good shape. I know that our retired neighbros across the road appreciate what I do, because they even do the same. They have a new Grand Prix and an F150 and tehy keep them in amazing shape. They can always tell when I have waxed the Explorer As far as the two other neighbors, one drives a Lumina with black front rims and he`s never around, and the others hae about 7 different cars setting around, and only use one. When they get a new car they just go and park the previous car over the hill or off in the side yard. So really, I could care less what they think. I`m proud to be obsessed with my hobby!

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Pats300zx [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Here`s a classic line I got from one of my neighbors one time...

Yeah ok.... [/b]</blockquote>
    My beighbor yelled from across the street, "If you keep working on your truck like that, then there won`t be any paint left.

(((BUMP))) Why don`t you move to New Orleans. Then your parents won`t worry about the water bill. We have more water than we know what to do with!
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I guess that I am the Neighbor that everyone Loves to hate

I always cleaning the cars, And taking care of the yard and things outside and in the Garage. We have only lived here since Sept and I have met a few af the People that live on the block, They are all mosty older and single, they like to see the youg people in the hood taking great care of the Yard, it keeps the Home values up and the hood looking nice.

I still dont think they are to cracked up on the Air compresser running or me wahing cars in the garage at 3 am
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes my neighbors think I`m nuts. However, I think they are nuts.

I wash my cars once a week, & wipe the black one down once maybe twice a week. I wax them every six months and have reconfigured my garage so both cars will fit in there. Somehow that makes me nuts?!?!

On the other hand, their cars sit out oxydizing and depreciating because their overall condition is deteriorating. So who`s nuts?

Post Thanks / Like
    HEY GENE

Thanks for the OUCH. Kay was nicer than I was about to be. Once about 16 years ago she called the cops on us because she said that we had a dsiturbance at our house. Cops came looked around saw nothing except my son [4 at the time] playing in the front yard with our 2 Daschund puppys [6 weeks old]. Got a hold of me and asked me if I knew what in the hell she was talking about. I was dumbfounded, so we all went over to her house and they asked what was the disturbance she reported. She goes "Well, their son was being attacked by these two vivious animals [which I had in my hand as they talked.] I just went off on her telling "Helen, you are the prefect example of life on other planets. I didn`t saw intelligent life, just life." Both of the cops just came unglued. They told her not to make STUPID reports anymore or she could get in trouble. I think she is the main reason hank has a slight drinking problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    They all think I`m overboard.

But I`ll tell you...when it rains at work, I can look out the window and be lucky to see 1 in 10 cars that show any resemblance of a wax bead at all. To most people, their car or truck is purely utilitarian.

Since I`ve been interested in detailing and taking care of cars for most of my adult life I find this a bit unusual but I`m still not critical of their cars. Hey, I`m still single and devote the time to do it.

BUT...I think I`m buying NEW cars or trucks from here on out. VERY few people detail and take care of their cars like WE all do here.

I`m highly thankful I found this place a few months ago and am impressed with everyone`s knowledge.

Peace.

Phil

p.s. NICE looking Jeep, Dan!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information