Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

Did you try hosing him off? That usually gets them to stop.</blockquote>

That`s a good one!!! Have to try it next time.

After giving it some thought I think the kid is going to tape me washing and waxing cars and show it to friends as "Freaking crazy neighbor". I could be famous in the hood...

Post Thanks / Like
    my neighbors don`t think I`m nuts,they are sure I`m nuts.

Several times I see them peep out of their window when I`m doing my car.I`ve allso noticed they are copying some things i`m doing like I never have seen them hosing the car down before washing.They usualy pick a bucket pour in water and a carwashsoap and start "washing".When they are done they fetch two buckets of water,throw it over the car and then dry the car.

But now they start to copy what I`m doing ,not knowing what they do.

If I could find ,as a matter of joke,a "technique" totaly bogus, to let them do on their car I would.

Wait untill the see me zainofy the car...:scared

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I think my neighbors at home quietly think I am crazy because sometimes I even feel weird. I am currently at school in Pa, but my parents live in NJ. I don`t get to see them that often but when I do, I always find time to wash one of their cars. it never fails, when I am home, I see them, see a friend or two, and wash a car (either mine or theirs). I think it would be weird to visit home and not wash one of the cars. However, in my defense, my mom doesn`t keep the cars up to my standards, so they really do need some lov`in when I`m around.

Tom

94 Corrado

86 Jetta coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m the "go to" person whenever anyone at the firehouse has a question about detailing.

I bring in detailing supplies I no longer use to clean the fire trucks ( I refuse to use the cheap stuff the City provides!!!)

I have brought the hose out when the temperature is above 32 degrees and washed my vehicles in the winter.

When driving in winter, if I see a sander coming down the street, I will pull over into a driveway so my vehicle does not get pelted with the sand/rock salt mix.

I wash my vehicles inside at the firehouse at least once a week.

When driving in wet weather, I have been seen rinsing the dirt and road grime off of my vehicles before bringing them into my garage.

I will drive 5 miles out of my way to avoid driving through road construction and any construction site that has dust blowing around.

I will drive around puddles in the road (first checking the road ahead and the rear view mirror to make sure that the members of the local constabulary aren`t ahead or behind me if I cross into the other lane!)

I wax a panel or two everytime I wash my vehicles.

I keep a QD "emergency kit" in both the Jeep and the F-150 to handle bird scatology, tree sap, etc.

My nickname and screen name on the forums is <strong class=`bbc`><span style=`color: blue`>Gonzo![/b]

Do I qualify?

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by John Ross [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>
    Im thinking of making a notice board & hanging it up when im doing the cars which would say stick your nose out of my business & dont bother looking or else! [/b]</blockquote>:up
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JayDub [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

oh! i get that one too! [/b]</blockquote>
    "You`re gonna rub the paint right off of that thing!!"

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Dave C. [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>
    Hey Mike!! Are u sure u don`t live in my neighborhood?? Sure sounds like you do except it`s Suburbans, Expeditions, and other misc. SUVs. [/b]</blockquote>
    My blazer was an obvious victim of this treatment..... you should`ve seen it before I detailed it!! EEEEWWW!!

Post Thanks / Like
    in the end its all rewarding for me...... my neighbor across the street from me has a 99 pewter Z28 (Klassed) in his garage, as well as a classic harley (not 100% about its specifics), and he is absolutely anal about detailing them both.

also I have an elderly couple living around the corner of the block from me, who always walk by and say "wow that thing looks nice......"

:up

atleast SOME people respect us for what we do. My economics professor told me when I said this was my hobby that "I am just dumb, am dull, and have no life."

Post Thanks / Like
    And what the ECOnomics proffesor was exciting??? Doubt it I bet he is right up there on the dull scale!

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbors realize the dedication I have to my detailing business, when they see me washing outside with toboggan, gloves, insulated work suit, and then the water freezes on it, and I have to pull it in the garage and cut the heat on to thaw the car to continue drying it. They also hear me rantin and ravin when I forget to put the hose up inside overnight, and its froze in the morning!

Post Thanks / Like
    What gets me is when people see my cars and ask to "borrow" detailing supplies. I keep old throwdown supplies I don`t want any more for borrowing. On the other hand on of the neighbors high school son came over one day to ask about detailing and how to get his Honda really in great shape. This kid has done some beautiful work on it, lots of mods. Hey, I told him to biring it over for lessons, we did the whole routine on it. I think he hooked now the car always looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

can anyone guess what he is doing right?

Hey everyone i just about fell out of my chair when I watched this. Can anyone list all the things he is doing wrong? or right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBFXP2IE9Ws

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
    Down here in colorful Colorado.

Post Thanks / Like
    He sucks at taping... trim gonna be jacked up!:sarge
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it says polish after cut, so maybe he`s using a Klasse AIO type product??? I hope!

Post Thanks / Like
    I get a kick out of when he is finished and pushes the buffer off the bumper in a WEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnn VOOOOOooommm. I cant imagine the halograms that car will have.
    Also made me cringe when I saw him flaping that cord around ^#(^
    Down here in colorful Colorado.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information