Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite was from some elderly lady down the street from me said to me one day I know what your are trying to you don`t like the color of your car and you are trying to make it fade prematurely so your insurance can pay for a new paint job. I was like holy s*** you really giving this idea thought.
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a friend that also has an F-150. He wanted to try my eagle one scratch remover so I took it, some meguiars QD, and a lotta towels. We were both outside working on his truck as all these people we knew were driving by looking at us funny. I was surprised when no one made comments to us the next day.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SteveMoriarty [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Our neighborhood busy body drops by about two months ago and I am in the garage detailing the Cobra. Kay [wife] is standing in the garge door. Miss busy body sticks her nose in and says to my wife "If you ask me your husband spends to much time working on his car and cleaning it. What a waste of time."
    Kay looks at here and said "Well, # 1, nobody asked you what you thought. #2 I would rather have him doing this kinda of stuff then having to go bail him out of jail for Drunk Driving like you have had to do with your husband." END OF CONVERSATION. [/b]</blockquote>
    hahaha :xyxthumbs
    What a cool wife
    2000 Natural White Toyota Tundra

Rolling on: Weld Typhoons & 33`s

Protected by: Zaino + 303

Interior Audio: Premier

Exterior Audio: Borla Split side cat back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy Cow DLW!!!!!

That`s smokin`.

What are you using for that shine?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to hear all the comments from my neighbors. "you`re gonna rub the paint off." "you know it`s going to rain tomorrow." "didn`t you just wax that last weekend?" etc., etc.

Now they just wave, smile and shake their heads knowingly. Only one says anything anymore. He says: "Hey, it`s looking great!"
    2002 Acura TL Type S

Nighthawk Black Pearl

Deemo....the shine is pure Zaino Z-2. Part of the shine is that fact that I totally color-sanded the whole vehicle and there is no orange peel in the paint. I`ll post pics of my son`s Prelude when I`m done with it, probably next week. My web site has more pics of the Jeep and my Vette (haven`t had the nads to color-sand the Vette yet!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!!!!

Almost makes me want to switch from my beloved Blitz.

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbor`s kid was videotaping me washing my car!!!

What`s up with that?

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by F1Crazy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>My neighbor`s kid was videotaping me washing my car!!!
    What`s up with that? [/b]</blockquote>Ahhhhhh.....I might raise questions about that!!
    Jorge
    00 BMW 328CI

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan, the Jeep looks awesome!! Oh, and that`s really cool of you to do that for your son. I wish my dad could/would do that for me, you son must be psyched!! The `lude is the perfect car for a 16 y/o male, when I was 16 I had a Ford Taurus Wagon that was rusted out.
    Jorge
    00 BMW 328CI

Post Thanks / Like
    You should`ve seen my neighbors last summer. They are all pretty much used to seeing me out washing the car every weekend and layering on the Zaino a couple of times a week (Them: "Didn`t you <em class=`bbc`>just[/i] wax your car yesterday?" Me: "No, see, it`s not a wax, it`s a synthetic polymer polish." Them: "Huh?" Me: "Nevermind."). Anyway, last summer when I got back from MI, I decided to repaint all the black trim on my car (Explorers are notorious for the black trim fading). So I took a couple of days and masked and papered the entire car. I had it parked at an angle in the garage and the entire car was covered in blue painter`s tape and newspaper. Some little girl rode her bike up to the garage and said, "My dad wants to know why you`re covering your car with newspapers?" Well, because I`m painting part of it. Obviously. Of course, all my neighbors are the kind who lease their Tahoes and Durangos, lets their kids trash them and then turns them in after two or three years and just gets a new one, so what do they care about keeping it looking nice. Good `ol suburbia.

The good thing is, for those who actually want their cars kept in good shape, they know right where to go and I make a little cash.

peace

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Malibu [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Of course, all my neighbors are the kind who lease their Tahoes and Durangos, lets their kids trash them and then turns them in after two or three years and just gets a new one, so what do they care about keeping it looking nice. Good `ol suburbia.
    [/b]</blockquote>Hey Mike!! Are u sure u don`t live in my neighborhood?? Sure sounds like you do except it`s Suburbans, Expeditions, and other misc. SUVs.
    Jorge
    00 BMW 328CI

I bet shes the type who always peeps out of the window when youre doing something around the car?? Ive got a neighbour like that - who drives a oxidised 300CE and i think - god man pull your finger out and clean that car - most days when i do the arange he comes out pretending to do something else and says how do u get the car like that - and i tell hime u know how - because i do it most days.I mean what is wrong with making your car look good & holding its value?? Is it a crime?? Is it jelaousy??

Im thinking of making a notice board & hanging it up when im doing the cars which would say stick your nose out of my business & dont bother looking or else!

Post Thanks / Like
    FICrazy

If this kid videotapes you again politely ask what he is doing. Some people will videotape a person doing a "chore" and then turn it over to some official because they think you are breaking some kind of ordinance or such. THe reason I bring it up is a freind of mine was planting trees in his front yard, joe neighbor comes out, videotapes him doing it, turns it over the city saying that my freind made a mess of the neighborhood, etc. I`ve heard of people videtaping guys changing their oil, LEGALLY, and getting taped because some bonehead thinks it is hurting the environment.

Could be the kid has new video camera and is testing it out but normally they ask you if it is alright to tape you

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by F1Crazy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>My neighbor`s kid was videotaping me washing my car!!!
    What`s up with that? [/b]</blockquote>
    Did you try hosing him off? That usually gets them to stop.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information