Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pad Help Please

Post Thanks / Like
    Luke,
    It really depends on how much correction needs to be done, and the hardness of the paint. If you need major correction done and the paint is pretty hard, then go for the Surbuf pads. They obviously do not finish down as the cyan pads do, and will leave some degree of marring. But, they really do take care of the swirls much quicker then the cyan pads do. The 7`8" Hydrotech pads are a better option for a DA then the standard size Hydrotech pads.
    I hope this helps.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Luke,
    It really depends on how much correction needs to be done, and the hardness of the paint. If you need major correction done and the paint is pretty hard, then go for the Surbuf pads. They obviously do not finish down as the cyan pads do, and will leave some degree of marring. But, they really do take care of the swirls much quicker then the cyan pads do. The 7`8" Hydrotech pads are a better option for a DA then the standard size Hydrotech pads.
    I hope this helps.

+1 on the Surbuff Pads.

However the thinner Hydrotech Pads should reduce pad wear (as well as increase cutting power) so if you are foam fan that would be a great choice as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Luke,
    I hope this helps.
    Thank you Barry. I do have Tangerine pads for polishing, so I am thinking for cutting I can use M105 on tangerine for softer clears or M105 on Surbuf for major correction.

Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    +1 on the Surbuff Pads.

However the thinner Hydrotech Pads should reduce pad wear (as well as increase cutting power) so if you are foam fan that would be a great choice as well.
    Thanks Todd, will the surbuf last as long as foam pads? And I have never used them, I saw there is a learning curve, but at the price and reviews of the surbufs I am very interested in trying them out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke View Post
    Thank you Barry. I do have Tangerine pads for polishing, so I am thinking for cutting I can use M105 on tangerine for softer clears or M105 on Surbuf for major correction.

Thanks Todd, will the surbuf last as long as foam pads? And I have never used them, I saw there is a learning curve, but at the price and reviews of the surbufs I am very interested in trying them out.
    That`s about it Luke!!:thumbup:

The Surbuf pads unfortunately will not last as long as foam pads, but they are cheap enough, so it equals out in the end.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s about it Luke!!:thumbup:

The Surbuf pads unfortunately will not last as long as foam pads, but they are cheap enough, so it equals out in the end.
    And they seem fairly thin too. Having not used them, I want to find out as much as I can before buying them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information