Post Thanks / Like
    My gf just got her first car. I am going to try to get her into detaling. Any tips.

Post Thanks / Like
    Best is to get Autopia eBook from David W. Bynon. Most of your questions will be solved...

Post Thanks / Like
    My girlfriend already thinks I like my car more than I like her...

"You spent 8 hours waxing on your car?! Why?!"

"Remember how there were scratches and some haze right here? And the oxidation! Besides, I wasn`t waxing it for 8 hours. I had to use a couple polishes."

"Same thing!"

"No, because... nevermind, it`s useless!!"

...Gotta love her!

As for you, tell her she looks amazing in a nicely detailed car. That works for some things with some women...

...but taking advice from me about women is about as bad as taking advice from me about car detailing
    -Chuckmotor

autopia
    I recommend sex on the hood... No, no, I mean, tell her she has a sexy hood... Ooops, no, that`s not it... tell her that detailing is sexy and it`s something you can do together.... yep, that`s it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Best of luck! David has some good ideas!
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    Just make it a bonding thing and she`ll probably like the idea. Tell her something like "I care for you so much that I am more than willing to help you detail your car for hours and hours. Honey, for you, there is nothing that I wouldn`t do." Or at least something like that. And try to say it real seriously as if you really mean it. Hehe! Laters

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone using 6.5" LC pads with their rotary?

OK so I just took the step up to a rotary and purchased a makita 9227, now I need some pads and other things to go with it. Ive got a bunch of LC CCS 6.5" pads for my Griot RA. Id like to use these if I can, so that I dont have to buy more pads. I was going to order a 6" LC backing plate, but Im unsure of how well I can center these pads with them not being recessed for the 6" pad. Has anyone had any problems with this before? Also Id like to get a wool pad too, can I use the meguiars solo wool cutting pad with this backing plate or will I need the solo backing plate? I had also considered going with the LC wool pad, can anyone tell me which wool pad you prefer and why? Last question, I have been using 105 and 205, but can anyone recommed something between these two for when I dont need quite as much cutting power. Maybe even something with diminishing abrasives. Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to start using Meg`s D151 for the auction guy I work with just to spin the car out quick, it`s an all in one. Normally I use the 105/205 combo. LC Purple Foam Wool Pad is my heavy cutter of choice after the many hours of research I`ve done, I just did a `93 black Audi, took my time a bit and that thing got rid of 90% of all the problems (and believe me, this car was garbage) the guy sold it on looks alone I think. I wouldn`t know about the size issue and it`s effects, maybe someone else can answer that. I don`t think it would be that big a deal other than not having pressure at the edge, maybe save them for "lesser" cars just to get rid of them. I`m a tight wad, anything I can figure a way out to use I will!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can use those pads. I would get the Megs W66 bp for it. That is what I did. AR recommended it to me and I love it. I have since moved to using a 5"bp with 5.5 pads mainly but yes the 6.5 will work and the w66 is a great bp

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like
    is there any dissadvantage to running the 6.5 CCS pads as opposed to another pad?

Thread Information