Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently purchased some Eagle one scratch remover from the eagle one rep at the last Hotrod show.

I tried it out on a few of my scratches and was kinda depressed. It seemed to make no difference at all.

Recently I read that you should rub with a compound until it becomes dry and then clean it off so I went out and tried it again.

I have some scratches on the side of my F-150 from people walking by with bags that hit the side. Only a few of the scratches I could actually feel with my finger nail. You could really see all of them though since my truck is Deep Wedgewood blue.

I washed the truck and then went to work on the scratches. The ones that I couldn`t feel with my fingernail took two to three applications. They were good as gone. I couldn`t even see them when I got at an extreme angle with the sun. They were gone. Yes, very awesome!.

Now I moved onto the ones that I could feel with my fingernail. Well after three applicatoins they were barely visible from straight on. You know how scratches get that white look to them? Well the eagle one scratch remover got rid of that white look. At an angle with the sun I can still see them though. Still, They look at lot better than they use to. Very nice.

Another thing I noticed is that the paint comes out nice and shiney unlike some rubbing compounds that I have used that haze the paint which you then have to buff out with a polish.

Edit: Just remembered something else that I used it for.

I have a snugtop on my pickup. On the back right edge they had the snugtop label. The label was already starting to curl up at the edge and, while drying, the edge of my towel caught the edge of the label and ripped it off. Well it left a silver strip and some other residue that looked and felt like compacted dirt and road grime. Well when I was working on my scratches I just thought I`d give it a try and see if I could atleast take the silver strip off. Well it took it off and it also took the other residue off. Kinda an odd use for a scratch remover but hey, it worked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review.

FYI... I have used EOSR with a foam pad on my PC at slow speed. It works great. Just enough cut to get really bad scuffs and scratches out.

Post Thanks / Like

First Polishing Success

Sucess but not quite perfection. In any case, very exciting for me since I have struggled with this black car for a while.

Today I had some time to spend on the cars. Washed my wife?s Acura and my car as well. I found some time in the afternoon to try some products that I had purchased a few weeks ago. Dave from Street Dreams was nice enough to read my posts, look at the pictures I had posted and write me a prescription on what to use, how many passes to make with what pad on my flex.

Below are pictures of the fruits of my labor. I did not get bofores as I was not planing on posting this as I have failed at getting good results prior. I realized that this is a lot more work than I initially thought. It took me all afternoon to get the hood done. It is not perfect but I got is much much better than it was.

I began by claying the hood after I washed the car. I used ONR w/distilled H2O as the lube and fine gray clay. I got the surface smooth. Next I made a pass with the Flex, and orange Hydro Tech pad, Spread Menzerna 106 on speed 1, then 6 passes on speed 5 with 15 lbs of pressure very slowly (3 North and south and 3 east and west alternating) Wipe off the check work. Next 106 with a white pad same deal as above. Next moved to clean white pad and 85rd speed 1 to spread then speed 6 with 15 lbs of pressure for 3 passes and 3 passes with machine weight only. Last pass was 85rd black pad 6 passes machine weight only.

This was with 106 and orange Hydo tech

2nd Pass with 106 and white pad

After 85rd

3rd pass

IPA wipedown and it looked much better. I was beat and the sun was slipping away so I applied 2 coats of BFWD to the hood. The first coat I WOWO and I had some smearing, the second coat I applied and let it haze and it came off easily with zero dusting. Surface is very slick. I will post up the durability in the future.

All Cleaned up after IPA wipre down

IMG]http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af73/Jsf721/sealed2xBFWD.jpg[/IMG]
    After 2 coats of BFWD

I have to say a big thanks to Dave at Street Dreams for sharing his expertise with me and answering all my questions. Thanks for taking the time to help I appreciate it very much. Barry BMW5441-Thanks for the tip on P21s polishing soap. My tips are rockin.

Tips Looking better.

My hat is off to the pro?s who get this done, day in day out. I was really beat after wrestling with the hood for the better part of the afternoon. I am sure I will get faster but man, it?s not easy. I tore my rotator cuff and labrum playing baseball and I am having surgery to repair it in December so I wanted to get all the cars fixed up before that. That slowed me down quite a bit.

A big thanks to everone who helped me by posting your work and answering my questions.

Have a good week!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Jeff.

I am glad that it worked out for you. It really looks like it is dialed in pretty good. Any advise that Dave gives should be taken seriously. He is very good at what he does, and knows his craft well.

Detailing is not easy by any means. You need to have patience, and know where it will get you in the end. When I first started, I tried to rush my results, and realized that by rushing the process, I was actually taking longer because of the steps that I had to add to correct my mistakes.

If you find that your LSP is smearing on your black car, wait until after it cures, and wipe down with cold distilled water. Another trick I learned from Dave.

Keep up the good work.:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks phenomenal! Congrats on doing this yourself. It`s a great feeling of accomplishment and I agree, it`s a lot of work. Once you do the hard work the maintenance makes it easier down the road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those reflection shots prove you did a great job, much better than I did on my first polishing attempt, that`s for sure.

excellent work there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Looks great Jeff.

I am glad that it worked out for you. It really looks like it is dialed in pretty good. Any advise that Dave gives should be taken seriously. He is very good at what he does, and knows his craft well.

Detailing is not easy by any means. You need to have patience, and know where it will get you in the end. When I first started, I tried to rush my results, and realized that by rushing the process, I was actually taking longer because of the steps that I had to add to correct my mistakes.

If you find that your LSP is smearing on your black car, wait until after it cures, and wipe down with cold distilled water. Another trick I learned from Dave.

Keep up the good work.:
    Thanks, If I use distilled water to wipe off a sealant like BFWD does that compromise the protection? I thought that sealants need to be kept dry to cure?

Thanks for the compliments!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    Looks phenomenal! Congrats on doing this yourself. It`s a great feeling of accomplishment and I agree, it`s a lot of work. Once you do the hard work the maintenance makes it easier down the road.
    Thank you. I am counting in getting this car knocked out and then maintaining it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    Those reflection shots prove you did a great job, much better than I did on my first polishing attempt, that`s for sure.

excellent work there.
    Thanks..This is by no means my first attempt, just the first success!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Thanks, If I use distilled water to wipe off a sealant like BFWD does that compromise the protection? I thought that sealants need to be kept dry to cure?

Thanks for the compliments!
    When it has cures after 8 hours, you can do the wipedown. Sorry for the confusion.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    When it has cures after 8 hours, you can do the wipedown. Sorry for the confusion.
    No worries, thanks for the clarification.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work, the surface looks really good. Thanks for sharing your process, I`m always looking to better mine.

-Kody-

Post Thanks / Like
    The paint looks great Jeff. I am glad to see that you got through all the frustrating attempts. :

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kakeuter View Post
    Nice work, the surface looks really good. Thanks for sharing your process, I`m always looking to better mine.

-Kody-
    I am glad I can help. It has been a slow process for me but I would encourage you to ask questions. This forum has been as good as gold to me.
    I do my best to list products and steps so I can get good feedback as well as give it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuscarora Dave View Post
    The paint looks great Jeff. I am glad to see that you got through all the frustrating attempts. :
    Dave-Your one of the guys I should have thanked. I always appreciate your constructive criticism.

I have to tell you one of the biggeest mistake I made was choosing the wrong polish for my paint. The SSR line and the M105, 205 just dont work well on my paint. The Menzerna Line was great for me. Now I am not suggesting that everyone reading this that you should dump and run to Menzerna. I David from Street Dreams had told me that my paint is difficult and that the mexzerna polish with the hydro tech pads in Orange, White and Black would knock it out. He wrote me a perscription and I followed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    great job on the jet black and it is indeed hard work. it took me quite a few tries to get my paint where i thought it was acceptable. the next challenge is keeping it that way. i`ve found that the less i have to wipe it down when i wash it the fewer scratches i put on it. i just bought a master blaster and it does the job nicely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information