Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    There is the black part and more dense yellow part. I use the black part on my ML because it conforms to my big side wall tires well. However I will soon be getting a new BMW with low profile tires. Do I use the yellow side on these or can I not use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The dense yellow part is the "handle"

For low profile tires, try using a razor and cut the tire swipe in half. This makes the swipe eay to manage on these low profile tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, cut them in half!

EOM

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the yellow portion is only for gripping... the yellow portion on mine is flat: the black portion is curved and will conform to tire... just my reasoning! Try and hold the black portion... its not for hands!

If I`m wrong(again)... ignore this post!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    :p :up good one dood....gotta make fun of yourself.....you got this one on the $ though!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually find that simply swiping the tire with the gel (which is what I use) will not cover the entire tire, and it seems to waste some product. I have to press down on the wipe so the gel covers the tire. Am I doing this right, or is there something I`m missing in the procedure?
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    i barely apply any pressure at all...are you putting the gel evenly on the swipe...???or just in the middle....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I apply the gel to the entire foam applicator. It absorbs the gel like a sponge because, well, it kinda is a sponge. Therefore, I use less gel by pressing down to squeeze out the trapped in gel. Is your applicator a foam one, or is it something else? The first time I used the foam swipe, I was confused because I had to use so much gel to cover the tire. Maybe I am doing something wrong?!
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    now that the winter is here...and that almost all of it stays completely on the top of the swipe when i squirt it out....i mean some goes in while your appplying it cause i see it coming out when i wash it....i usually sqirt a line on...then wipe the top i/2 of the tire...then another squirt for the lower half of the tire...then wipe it in really good....hey check are u sing like those pinnacle foam thingys...caus they absorb like nuts....i use the yellow hanlded black underneath eagles.....the fact that you have to press down so hard makes me think ....like you are saying that your wasting product cause its all getting absorbed by your applicator.....your not doing anything wrong i think matbe its just the applicaotr dood...IMHO

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

Originally posted by Chuckmotor
    I have to press down on the wipe so the gel covers the tire. Am I doing this right, or is there something I`m missing in the procedure?</blockquote>

If it works good for you doing it this way then I don`t think you should worry whether you are doing it right. When I was first using the eagle tire swipe, I simply wipe without pressure. Lately I`ve been using pressure and like it better (gives better coverage). Hmmm. I`m not using that Meguiars gel though.

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kompressor pads and Flex 3401?

I`ve read that Kompressor pads work well with a rotary, what about the Flex 3401?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could tell you Mark. I haven`t tried them since I`m so happy with my HT pads. I hope a few people with experience using them on a 3401 will answer though! If I heard enough good on it I`d give them a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only Kompressor pad I use is the Gold for application of BFWD using my GG RO. I love the way it feels when I am applying the BFWD.:clap:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m doing a car right now using my flex and the hydro pads.I will bring one of my Kompressor pads in and give it a try and let you know how it does.I have all the colors but will use the white one whch is the most popular one and is the same one i used on the vette but with a rotary .
    Adam

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Adam! I`m very curious how they work with the flex.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information