Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone used those MF towels from Target. I think they are sold under the name "Baja Sol" or something like that. They seemed okay to me (and they are only 3 bucks each)...but I am new to this, so what do I know?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want the Neatitems mf`s which most members here like, go to abay I have 25 left on a group buy

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a pack at Target. The towels aren`t bad (3 for $7.99). They are not as nice as the Neatitems MF`s but they are ok for glass, door jams, etc.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JP [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Has anyone used those MF towels from Target. I think they are sold under the name "Baja Sol" or something like that. They seemed okay to me (and they are only 3 bucks each)...but I am new to this, so what do I know? [/b]</blockquote>
    JP,

If you have a Long`s Drugs near you, they sell the green Viper MF`s. They are really plush and better than the Target Baja Sol towels. Better yet, get in on the neatitems group buy.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by rad21 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

JP,

If you have a Long`s Drugs near you, they sell the green Viper MF`s. They are really plush and better than the Target Baja Sol towels. Better yet, get in on the neatitems group buy. [/b]</blockquote>
    How much does the Viper MFs go for at Long`s Drugs? Hopefully my local Long`s Drugs has these Viper MFs because I`d like to compare them to my YoSteve MFs and NeatItems MFs.

Post Thanks / Like
    See my thread under product reviews. http://autopia-carport.com/forum/sho...threadid=6260. I already compared them to Yo Steve`s and neatitems. There are 2 per pack for $8.99. They are thick, plush and well made but lint. I still recommend Yo Steve and Neatitems but if you need MF`s asap and don`t want to order them, check out Longs. These Vipers are green and far better than nicsand.

Post Thanks / Like
    MOST microfiber towels are better than Nicsand`s towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    but I wonder if I could find those Viper MF`s somewhere else? We`ve got O`Reilly and AutoZone. That`s all I know. For now I just got in on High Noon`s group buy.

Post Thanks / Like

My Homemade Flex adapter

I have been contemplating on making an adapter for the Flex 3401 polisher for a while now but have never had to driver to make one, seeing as I dont one a flex (Dewalt&Griots.) But after seeing tuscarora dave post about his homemade adapter that finally gave me what I need to get this project started.

Looking at the Edge 2000 adapter for the flex, I decided I wanted to somewhat model the adpter after this. After figuring out I would need to still utilize the driving gear I deciede it would be best to leave the factory BP on and start off from there.

After an hour or two of research on the thread size of the socket bolt, diamater of the hole in the center of the stock BP, finding if the parts I need were readily accessable...etc. I went to work.

About an hour later this is what I came up with.

Its my first prototype so its a little rough. This would replace your M8 socket bolt and would be used inconjunction with the stock BP. It has a rounded and smaller diameter end to fit into the recessed area of the backing plate and the other side has two different end types. One a 5/8 stud for rotary backing plates and the other is is nut that accepts the 5/16 DA backing plates.

I really like this design will probably start on another to refine my techines. Its simple, can utilize a DA or rotary BP, and its very cheap and easy to make. Hope you guys like it.

Now all I need is for someone the test it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would gladly try it out for you!!! I`ll pay for shipping and whatnot if needed too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work LH! I look forward to more info and testing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PAR Detailing View Post
    I would gladly try it out for you!!! I`ll pay for shipping and whatnot if needed too!
    I need to redo the DA adapter as I messed it up. The first 1/4" of the DA adapter`s threads aren`t deep enough so I have to redo that. I`ll PM you when I finish it. Don`t worry about shipping. All I`m asking for in return is some feedback on how it works out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05 View Post
    I need to redo the DA adapter as I messed it up. The first 1/4" of the DA adapter`s threads aren`t deep enough so I have to redo that. I`ll PM you when I finish it. Don`t worry about shipping. All I`m asking for in return is some feedback on how it works out.
    Absolutely! I will definitely give you feedback. I have a 3401 and Megs g110v1 along with a few rotaries. I appretiate you willing to send it out.

Thanks Alot!
    Jon

Post Thanks / Like
    I made an adapter something like yours last year using the edge backing plate and converted edge adapter and a 3m adapter. I never moved forward with it my concern was if the extra weight of the adapter and using a different type backing plate the flex would overheat of even break while i was using and possibly doing damage to the car .

Adam

Thread Information