Post Thanks / Like
    hey guys, so i`m a beginner with a few polishing`s under my belt. So far i`ve polished a 2001 honda accord, 97 mitsubishi eclipse, 2001 acura tl, 2006 suzuki gsxr, 2003 sea-doo rxdi.

My current method and tools:

electric pressure washer, meguiars gold wash with microfiber mitt 2 bucket method, meguiars clay bar, wash again, IPA wipedown, poorboys 2.5 polish on orange lake side pad with PC 7424, menzerna 106f on white lake side pad, poorboys wax on blue lakeside pad.

So from a beginner/newbs standpoint, most of the process has been the same, the honda and acura responded about the same and felt the same as far as paint thickness/toughness, the eclipse seemed to not respond as well or fast to the correction.

THE NEW SITUATION: i want to detail my ladies lexus ISF. The issue i have is the value of the car. I don`t want to do more harm then good based on me having never detailed a lexus. So i was hoping to find some advice on what i should do differently or if what i`m doing should work well on this type of car. I read somewhere that people consider lexus paint to be soft, what should i do differently to correct that? currently i start on speed 6 with pb 2.5, and with menzerna, but i slow it down to a 2 or 3 at the end of the menzerna.

sorry for long post, just wanna go about it the right way.

p.s. here`s some pics of the car, i know everyone likes visual aides on this site!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do a test spot and see how the paint reacts. I just did an 07 black obsidian IS250awd that had rock hard clear. I had to skip my usual SIP/106FF and use M105 instead because it took 3-4 passes of SIP to equate to 1 M105 pass

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re putting Lexus on a pedistal. It`s not like their paint is holier than thou`s. Do the test spots and go from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep using what you`re use to. With those products, you`ll get great results unless your car is in bad shape. Focus on good technique and don`t cut corners.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wraith
    You`re putting Lexus on a pedistal. It`s not like their paint is holier than thou`s. Do the test spots and go from there.

Yep, no matter what car, do a test spot first and see how it goes.

Thread Information