Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to introduce myself. I`m new here; a refugee from the Acura-TL.com forums who found his way here while the boards are down. What a great forum you all have here.

I spent a while (a long while) browsing through threads, and have now confirmed that I`m not totally nuts (or, at least I found out that I`m not the only one who`s totally nuts). I see there are actually other people who get a kick from watching the water bead up ond roll off their hood, who obsess about swirls that nobody else can see, who open the door to the garage just to sneak a peek at their freshly detailed car before they go to bed, who . . . well, you know what I mean.

Just before I found this site, I had finished a good wash, Z6 - Z2 - Z6 on my black TL Type S. Yep, another Zaino fan. I feel right at home. I told my wife a few days ago that Lowe`s has the PC 7336 for $109 . . . hmm . . . perfect Christmas gift?

Anyway, glad to be here. I think I`m gonna like it.
    2002 Acura TL Type S

Nighthawk Black Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    See, just when you thought you were the only freak out there you stumble across this place! My wife thought I was nuts until I let her browse this board for awhile......now she KNOWS I`m nuts!!!

Welcome, enjoy, have fun!

91 Alfa Romeo 164L

84 Alfa Romeo GTV6

and a 20 year old Chebby Truck

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome.

I have been eyeing the PC 7336 at Lowes also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome.

And I thought I was the only person who made sure all my cars were detailed and safe in bed before I could go to sleep myself.

You might want to check out the Z5. It works great on black car in combination with Z2 to give the carnuba-like depth and corrects any minor swirls that may be present. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to town 8ball. Nope, you`re not the only one... there are a lot of us with the same adiction. Autopia is your therapy. It`s a world-wide group session!

db

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 8ball [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I see there are actually other people who get a kick from watching the water bead up ond roll off their hood, who obsess about swirls that nobody else can see, who open the door to the garage just to sneak a peek at their freshly detailed car before they go to bed, who . . . well, you know what I mean.[/b]</blockquote>Welcome, 8ball!

Glad to see I`m not the only one who says good night to his car . Sounds to me like you`ll fit right in here. I`d have to agree with 84GTV6 -- I showed my girlfriend the forum one time and she said, "These people are even crazier than <em class=`bbc`>you[/i] are!"

See you around the forums!

puterbum

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by blkZ28Conv [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>You might want to check out the Z5. It works great on black car in combination with Z2 to give the carnuba-like depth and corrects any minor swirls that may be present. :up [/b]</blockquote>
    Thanks for the heads up, but the S already has several (I`ve lost track of how many) applications of Z5. Ain`t them black cars fun? My wife`s Honda is black, too. Keeps me busy on weekends . . . and nights . . . and during the lunch hour . . . man, I`m losing it!

Thanks to all you other nuts for the welcome.
    2002 Acura TL Type S

Nighthawk Black Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome. Now you have one more board to takeway too much of our time. I think I "fell" here too when the M5 board was down....

And to add to the obsession list - I "pet" my car - as long as it is clean, when I walk by into the house I give a gentle feel with the back of my finger - becasue it feels SO GOOD after all the work I do!

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by carguy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>. . . I "pet" my car - as long as it is clean, when I walk by into the house I give a gentle feel with the back of my finger - becasue it feels SO GOOD after all the work I do! [/b]</blockquote>
    Ditto. Nothing like the feel of those smooth curves . . . uh . . . on the fenders, I mean.
    2002 Acura TL Type S

Nighthawk Black Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    I always check my cars before I go to bed!When I open the door to the garage every night to check them, my wife wants to know whats going on?I tell her that I am making sure the garage is locked up

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 8ball [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>, at least I found out that I`m not the only one who`s totally nuts... Lowe`s has the PC 7336 for $109 . . . hmm . . . perfect Christmas gift? [/b]</blockquote>
    Hey 8ball welcome on board dude! Yes you are now with kindred spirits. As such might I suggest instead of telling your wife about the deal on the PC just wrap it up and surprise her with it on Christmas morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    My name is Bill, the first step is admiting you have a problem.....
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the FORUM.

After a while you will figure out which of us have more nutts than the rest.

I suggest also buying your wife er self more detailing supplies and wrap them with MFs but not too much tape.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 84GTV6 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>See, just when you thought you were the only freak out there you stumble across this place! My wife thought I was nuts until I let her browse this board for awhile......now she KNOWS I`m nuts!!!
    [/b]</blockquote>
    When I let my wife use the computer, this Detailing section was up and she just browsed through the threads and just started laughing when she all the "water beading" threads. She knew I belonged here when she saw that.

When we first got married, she didn`t know my habit was to go outside from time to time just view the cars from the stairs. She always thought I was just going to leave without telling her where I was going. Now, she understands it just a habit of checking up on the cars to see that they`re still there (I`ve had a few cars stolen/vandalized before) with no bird bombs.

Post Thanks / Like
    You Sir, have reached the best detailing site on the net.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information