Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was very unscientific, probably around 10:1, and I wouldnt hesitate to go less.

Post Thanks / Like
    all good responses guys. thanks.

I`ll try applying SG with a damp or dry applicator and see how it goes for the stage one lacquer paint.
    2003 Apex Silver Lancer Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Blackmirror,

Regarding your question when you started this thread, YoStevie`s right. That was a perfectly valid question. I wus juss ribbin yoo a littel.

Please let us know how everything goes!

Post Thanks / Like
    SG as a QDer does some amazing things. I just rub it on, let it sit there for a few seconds and rub it off. The shine it leaves is amazing. Each time I use it as a QDer it seems to leave another layer of SG. SG mixed with water seems to be a good lube itself, so you don`t need to worry about scratching your paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Waxman, at what ratio did you use SG/H2O as a QD?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    3-4 capfuls and the rest water in a Meguiars Quick Detailer sprayer.

Post Thanks / Like
    3 to 4 capfuls of Klasse SG is quite a bit of product. I`m sure you got excellent results, but that`s more than enough product to apply it the traditional way and assuring proper application and drying time needed for it to fully cure. With that said, I would like to see a pic of a car with no products on it that has only been washes and then had Klasse SG as a quick detailer. Interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Don2000g [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>3 to 4 capfuls of Klasse SG is quite a bit of product. I`m sure you got excellent results, but that`s more than enough product to apply it the traditional way and assuring proper application and drying time needed for it to fully cure.[/b]</blockquote>
    I see your point Don. However, if you look at it in terms of cost, it`s actually a quite cheap QD that lays down additional protection and shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by waxman [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>3-4 capfuls and the rest water in a Meguiars Quick Detailer sprayer. [/b]</blockquote>
    How many cars can you QD with the above mentioned formulation? I agree with Don that 3-4 capfulls is enough to do one car the traditional way. BUT, if you can do multiple cars with that bottle, then it`d definately be worth it.

Don, don`t you agree?

Post Thanks / Like
    Waxman, are you saying that using this mixture will actually lay down another coat of KSG?

I might be wrong, but aren`t we comparing apples to oranges here? I would think that using a Sealant Glaze based QDer isn`t going to lay down a coat of SG in the traditional sense. It would be more like using a low-cost QD spray that replenishes your Klasse coat similar to the way Sonus High Gloss Acrylic Spritz does, as it has some Klasse in it, IMO. Another similar example would be the way carnauba based QD`s do not lay down a coat of carnauba the same way applying a coat of Souveran would. Just replenishes existing carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tony, I agree that these home made QD`s will only replenish the current layer of protection. But with that said, they are still an excellent way to retain gloss and slickness. That`s one of the things klasse doesn`t have that zaino does, that being a QD specifically made for it`s system. The second thing would be a carwash solution.

I` wonder what would happen if someone were to mix a bit of SG into any bottle of carwash soap. Would that help with gloss and slickness when washing like Zaino wash does?

Sal must put some Z2 in his carwash solution. I don`t see how it can be so effective at maintianing gloss and slickness without it.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think what Don is trying to say that if you use more oz of SG in a sprayer than you do normally applying (and spray that much on a panel) it then you are in essence apply SG in a higher total amount.

This gives evidence that you might be able to get a significant amount on there except you have to wait for the water to evaporate (and assume that it doesn`t just mostly go in to the towel) I would think that yeah, you could spray it on but you`d have to wait till it dries if you want the Klasse to actually put down a significant layer comperable to the normal application.

Just thinking out loud again -

Post Thanks / Like
    doubt you use that much to do one car.......

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t care what you guys are theorizing!!! I tried it on my car and I think the results are great!!!! Try it yourself instead of trying to think of what it does and should do. It replenishes your SG and leaves a super smooth slick shiny surface. I only do it after washing and is a lot faster than reapplying and waiting for the SG to dry. Just wipe on, let soak for a few seconds and wipe off. I have been using this trick for months and have not applied another coat of SG and it still beads like crazy.

No 3-4 capfuls in 16oz is not for one car. It lasts a couple of months. It is just the mixture I use. 3-4 ounces may sound like too much. Try less. I just found at least three capfuls in 16oz seems to leave a good shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, you`re pretty accurate with your assessment buddy. Yeah, 3-4 capfuls seems a bit excessive to be used as a quick detailer. I would prefer to use that amount the traditional way. You could very well get 1-2 complete coats with that amount.

Waxman, I`m sure your quick detail experiment is fine. I`m sure that on some sense, you are going to layer down or replenish the Klasse SG coat a bit with your quick detailing. It`s just that it won`t be too durable. In my opinion, I would just rather get two full coats the traditional way. This way I know that I applied it correctly and am assured that it will last a good 6 months. If I was stinkin rich and had money to spend then I`m sure I would try this quick detailing approach a bit more though. Laters

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information