Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy *ClearCoat OverSpray/=O\*

Morning Guys/
    Well I had my SC2/Saturn spot painted and blended w/clearcoat about a month ago,due to vadalism.The body shop I have always gone to
    said it would do a *Nice Job*,`cause the Wife and I are good customers...Yeah-OKAY!/:StarWars:.
    Neddless to say,this was the biggest job they`ve done for us.They had overspray,all over the Glass/Partia Headlight hazel/Body Pannel Spot Hazes,all around,/Inside Door Jambs/Etc.What a Cluster-F*** job/.They have White Tape Lines on the inside door edge jambs where they ended the Clear.I tried some Mineral Spirits,thinking it may have been just Tape Resdidue...NOT!
    So last night,I ordered some Pads *Pick Your 3 CCS High-Gloss 4 Inch Combo Pak*,and a Smaller Backing Plate:3-3/4 Inch,for my Makita/9227,from PAC.
    The Colors are:*Orange/White & Green*.I read the descriptions for each,and am hoping I made the Right Choices.I also sent a *Message* to PAC,describing what I need [HopeFully] can correct.I also asked if the Saturn needs to be:WetSanded*.So,I hope they`ll LMK,about that...
    I never WetSanded any Auto Finish,but am willing to give it a shot/.I most definately would get some Ultra-Fine [2000-2500 or Higher] Sandpaper and will go very slowly w/this process.The SC2 paint is:*Dark Blue Metallic*...Anyways,do you guys feel I chose the Right Pad Colors for this nightmare?
    I also have some Stoners *Light Duty* Synthetic Compound,to try and correct the paint.I love to detail,but,as said in the past,I`m a far cry from a Pro Detailer like most here....
    Thanx In Advance for your:Time/Help & Response.Have a Great WeekEnd Everyone/.
    Best Regards/
    Raymond
    *It`s Nice To Be Important* But It`s *More Important To Be Nice*[Quote from a Very Dear Friend & Ex~Boss:*Mr.Joseph Minieri*] R.I.P.Always/
    May God Bless & Keep *Our Troops Safe/ 24~7*/:angel:

Post Thanks / Like
    Red Clay Bar :wink:

Post Thanks / Like

Cool *;O]*/Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Red Clay Bar :wink:
    ************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*************
    Mornin` Flash/
    Thank You,Sir/:wizard:/.That Red Clay Bar will get rid of the OverSpray and Hazes...? I`m assuming I`d still have to Light Duty Compound after that? Correct?
    I do not mind doin` that at all,as I`d like the paint to look nice.I appreciate your Time & Help for your intial response.
    Regards/
    Raymond
    *It`s Nice To Be Important* But It`s *More Important To Be Nice*[Quote from a Very Dear Friend & Ex~Boss:*Mr.Joseph Minieri*] R.I.P.Always/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by *MustangGT/25YRS* View Post
    ************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*************
    Mornin` Flash/
    Thank You,Sir/:wizard:/.That Red Clay Bar will get rid of the OverSpray and Hazes...? I`m assuming I`d still have to Light Duty Compound after that? Correct?
    I do not mind doin` that at all,as I`d like the paint to look nice.I appreciate your Time & Help for your intial response.
    Regards/
    Raymond
    Director Good Morning to you also Raymond

Yes, you will have to do a semi minor/major correction if you use the red stuff. I would first try a milder clay, but if you wanna get that stuff off in a hurry, I would just reach for the red. All the bodyshops here include a fresh coat of overspray with all there jobs they preform :clap:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile *lol*/;o]

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Director Good Morning to you also Raymond

Yes, you will have to do a semi minor/major correction if you use the red stuff. I would first try a milder clay, but if you wanna get that stuff off in a hurry, I would just reach for the red. All the bodyshops here include a fresh coat of overspray with all there jobs they preform :clap:
    ****************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^******************
    Hi Again/
    What the Hell ever happened w/*Quality and Pride in Some People* when they do have a Business?? Wouldn`t one feel *Pride and the Sense of Accomplishment* when doin` a job for someone???.The way I personally see it anymore.It`s *ALL ABOUT THE ALMIGHTY $$$ AND BS* with Pride/Caring & Quality wasyyyyyy behind!It`s really ashame to see this anymore.I do not trust people the way I use to.And that`s sad.Oh,Almost forgot,Who makes this Red Clay Bar,Flash?
    Thanx Again for your Time & Help.
    Best Regards/
    Raymond

Post Thanks / Like

Cool *Meguiar`s Clay Bar*

Mornin` Guys/
    Would the Meguiar`s Aggresive Clay Bar,be as good as the Red Clay Bar
    for my problem? Has anyone here used this Meguiar`s for OverSpray on their
    own Cars or Customers Cars/Trucks/SUV`s/Etc.?
    *Many Thanx In Advance* for your Time/Help/Recommendations and Responses.Take Care/:wizard:
    Best Regards/ancing Dot:
    Raymond

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was great to talk to you this afternoon Ray, Let me know how it turn`s out. I also got the clay bar in your order going out to you. Have a great weekend!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile *Clay Bar*

Hi Flash/
    I didn`t see a Red Clay Bar Listing here...Maybe I didn`t type it in Correctly.What I did see was *Meguiar`s 200/Gram Clay Bar* in either the
    Mild or Aggressive form.
    The *Aggressive* Clay decribes itself as being able to eliminate *Severe OverSpray* from the paint surface.Plus other contaminates also.I`m thinking
    maybe this would be as good as the Red Clay Bar? Or is this the Bar you mentioned.It didn`t tell what color it is,but did say it`s for the *Pro Detailer* and NOT the *WeekEnd Warrior*/ ....I`d love to give it a try,only because,I know that I have to go carefully,and have patience.
    Would I have to use the Clay Bar Lubricant and the Extender that they recommend,Flash? Or can I use a Mothers *ShowTime Spray Detail Wax*? $$$`s is alittle tight [But am not Broke],is why the last question.If I have to,well,I`ll have to get it...Thank You,Again,for Your:Time/Help/Info and Recommendation.
    Regards/
    Raymond

Thread Information