Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought EF Clear Vision and Viper towel combo and I`m trying to figure out what I`m doing wrong.

If I leave the towel dry EF seems to gum up and I`m left with blotches on the window that look almost like a wax build-up.

If I go wet with the Viper I get streaks. It seems especially bad on the windshield. Side windows work better especially if I don`t use EF and just go with a damp towel. The rear window has those defogger lines and it`s very difficult to get a clean, streak-free, lint-free finish.

Maybe water and newspaper is the solution? Just looking for others experience with this. Sounds like many use Stoners.

Post Thanks / Like
    The towel is the culpirt. I no longer use Viper or Miracle towels on windows. I use a soft cotton towel, lint-free paper towels or the special "glass only" microfiber towel that CMA sells.

I have EFCV, Stoners, EagleOne 20/20 and several other cleaners. They all perform poorly with microfiber towels. EagleOne 20/20 is the best value. I will stay with that until something better comes along.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m having good luck with the gold colored Viper Glass cleaning towels. I mosten the first towel and use it with the glass cleaner, I like Stoners and EF. I use a second towel dry to wipe the glass down. This is working well for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking of buying that exact combo.. The EF glass cleaner and towel..

So, would you suggest i not buy the combo, but instead buy the EF Glass Cleaner solo?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using stuff like 20/20 and Clear Vue (old formulation and new Turtle Wax version). I can`t seem to get my windows as perfectly clean as I`d like.

I have been a believer of Griot`s polypropelene window towels for the last 2-3 years. Those and 20/20 had been doing the job, so I thought.

I recently went the MF route with 20/20 and just have not been happy. Well, I`m 90% happy but not 100%.

I have a MF window towel now but have yet to use it. If it doesn`t work my next step is Autoglym`s glass polish. I recall using the old Eagle One glass polish on customer`s cars and it worked really well but was a PITA to use.

If <strong class=`bbc`>that[/b] doesn`t work, I`m just gonna remove all my windows and to hell with the whole idea.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    if there`s crap all over(rare around here) then i use the stoners and an viper....if its my usual cleaning i always use a 75/25 mix of ISA/water in a spray bottle...applied with a good Mf and followed up with a biff with a flannel or Mf....the ISA really cuts thru and leaves it nice and clean....i have the same can of stoners for about a yr...in fact its gonna expire soon(on the bottom of thecan)....try the ISA guys....it cleans great....some people(Prinz) use a mix of ISA and 20/20 with good results....my .02...

ps...i only use the EF clear vision when my windows are really clean...just as alittle kick for it....(try outting the KSG/Z2 on there first....it makes life so much easier...also...that yellow viper...i had to wash it like 3-4 times til it stopped linting...

Post Thanks / Like
    So should i buy the combo of EF clear vision and Viper towel or not?

if not, should i just use the EF clear vision with a normal cotton towel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Cotton towel works just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    try the cotton...otherwise go with a good MF(not viper).....what part of PR you from...if you dont mind me asking...

Post Thanks / Like
    No Pathfinder, I`d say don`t go with the combo. Love both products, but my EF works great with a terry towel. I use Viper Towels for other work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im from Carolina.. its a little outside San Juan.. I live in an urbanization right behind the airport.

Post Thanks / Like
    up in the post...cool

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually read the directions on the EF CV bottle which says to use a soft terry cloth towel. Folded up a small carisma towel and used one side to wipe and work it in then a dry side to buff. Much better results. Now I`ve got clear vision.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I do follow directions without reading them (I use those cheapo terry towels from K-mart, I don`t like to wash these so I usually chuck them and start clean each time I clean windows.)

But know I gotta try using one of my Charisma`s. Oh well, I`ll stick to my current plans since its cost effective and works well.

Nice to hear you have Clear Vision.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Cotton & paper towels always leave lint (no matter how well washed) for me. I have the gold/yellow Viper Glass Cleaning towels and it seems to work quite well. I usually follow with a second Viper Glass towel to remove any remaining moisture.

The Viper Glass Cleaning cloth is manufactured differently than the other microfiber towels in that the fiber ends are "split" or "feathered" so that they leave behind "microbeads" at worst. That`s why I use the second towel.

The real trick to using the Viper Glass Cleaning towel is to wet it thoroughly and then WRING until the cows come home. You want it evenly moist, but not wet (the harder you wring the better). Similar to the principal used with a chamois. Now go ahead and use whatever you prefer on the glass.

If there is a lot of dirt on the glass, then you may want to wash with water and a plain old towel to remove the bulk of the dirt and then go back with the Viper and your preferred cleaning solution. I`ve been using a mix of 1/3 vinegar, water, and alcohol with good results (even if it does smell funny).

<strong class=`bbc`>Floni[/b] - Just my $0.02, but I`ve found the Viper towels (the yellow Glass Cleaning cloth and the green Detailing cloth) to be fantastic. I am assuming that you are referring to the green detailing cloths in your previous post, because when you use a cloth that has looped ends (such as the Miracle/Magic towels, Viper Detailing cloths and Tacscar towels) you <span class=`bbc_underline`>will get streaking as you are leaving too much moisture behind.

The only reason that I point this out is that the construction of mf towels has not been discussed recently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information