Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    ive only had experience with the white MF towels from neatitem. i know that word around here says that the green ones are more plush. but is this really true? do any of u actually own a white one and a green one? and not just compered between 1 of each but ALL greens seem to be more plush than ALL the whites and other colors?

im just asking this caus i dont see how in the development process of differnt colors, they would make one noticeably more plush than other colors when they all are suppose to be the same product.

also, is it the mint green or dark green u guys are talking about?

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Ng Luder [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>ive only had experience with the white MF towels from neatitem. i know that word around here says that the green ones are more plush. but is this really true? do any of u actually own a white one and a green one? and not just compered between 1 of each but ALL greens seem to be more plush than ALL the whites and other colors?

im just asking this caus i dont see how in the development process of differnt colors, they would make one noticeably more plush than other colors when they all are suppose to be the same product.

also, is it the mint green or dark green u guys are talking about? [/b]</blockquote>
    Ng Luder,

Here is the reply I got from Steve Hall at neatitems.com:

I have noticed a slight difference in the micro fiber cloths in various orders from the factory as to the feel of one color to another. They are all supposed to be the same weight and material cloths. I don`t know if it has to do with dyes or different batches of raw material. Overall we`ve been very happy with the quality of the cloths that we`ve received from the factory and have never had any problems with them linting like so many other brands of cloths do. Right now it seems that the Mint color is slightly plusher than the other colors, but who knows on the next order.

Ng Luder, You might want to ask Steve to hand sort and send you the most plush, whatever color it is. By the way, even the least plush one I received is still in the top 10% of plush MF`s. I think it is based on the lot when the towels are manufactured, so color is random. Anyway, you can`t go wrong with these towels. It has restored my faith in MF towels after the diappointing lint problems with other brands.:up

Post Thanks / Like
    cool thanks rad21:up

Post Thanks / Like
    I received the same reply from Steve "neatitem" Hall.

mint green :up

Julie

Post Thanks / Like
    but the suede blue ones are very good also....they arent plush...they just feel so soft.....and any QD you use just glides on/off.....i have alot of success with them with wetness...the plush green ones kinda of suck everything up and then ...spread it around...when you dont want to sometimes...but the blue...even when it gets wet....parts of it stay dry....i love them all...help!!!:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for all the replies guess quality just fluctuates in production. no biggie, my white ones are still super awesome:up

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    what`s up with steve`s and towels

what`s up with steve`s and VW`s even

what`s up with steve`s?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quite some time ago, Don2000g discussed the difference in plushness on the mint color neatitems towels and the other colors. I have all the colors from them and while there is a little difference in the mint color versus the other colors, I personally don`t think it`s significant. If you only order them in 1 color you might want to specify the mint. I prefer to use different colors for different tasks. The white ones are the only color I use on my paint simply because I can see what`s on the towel easier.

I haven`t noticed any difference at all in the various suede towel colors. Like FLONI says, they are very soft. I`ve been recommending them to all my friends. Everyone should have one in their glove box at all times.

Post Thanks / Like
    what r the suede ones particularly good for in terms of being better than ust the normal MF towels from neatitem?

Post Thanks / Like
    The suede towels feel like very soft leather. They are particularly good for polishing. They don`t have any nap to them so I don`t used them on the paint unless the surface is absolutely dust and dirt free. I like to keep one in the glove box to wipe the dash and instrument panel, clean my sunglasses, take smudges off cds, fingerprints off glass, clean my camera lense, etc. They don`t have the tendency to pick up all the loose particles if dropped on the carpet or the ground like the terry do. You can just shake them clean. The terry tend to hold onto a lot of that loose crap. Don`t ever clean up wood chips or metal shavings with a mf terry towel! I had to throw one away because I could never get that stuff out of the towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried the neatitems window cloth? The half rubberized half microfiber one. I`m curious about that because I`m looking for something to use on my windows. Perhaps I`ll get an ultrasuede MF from neatitems if I can`t find one at Bed Bath and Beyond tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the 1/2 rubber, 1/2 micro fiber window cloth for about 6 months now. It`s nothing like a micro fliber towel. Not plush at all on the micro fiber side. I like using it on my windows though. I can get it wet, wring it out and wash all that film off the inside of my windshield without having to take anything else with me. Then I can use the same cloth to clean the outside glass. Because they are not plush, they rinse well and can be thrown in the washing machine when dirty. It took a little practice to get it to work right, but both my wife and I like using them. As I recall, Don2000g tried them first and was neutral on them. He didn`t say they were bad but he didn`t recommend them either. Don`t remember hearing any more from him about them.

Post Thanks / Like
    My .02, I just used some neatitems MF towels for the first time while Klassing my car and was very pleased with their performance. I`m relatively new to the MF world and have only used the Vipers from CMA in addition to the neatitems MFs. My getting into detailing timing was too late for me to get a hold of the older MTs everyone raves about. I`m waiting for Steve to get a hold of some
    2001 Nissan Altima SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Prinz, good to hear from you. With regards to the neatitems window cloth, I do like them. It`s just that it was kind of hard for me to recommend them to others since they seemed to already get good results from Miracle Towels or other high quality microfiber towels. I do use mine regularly. It`s just that there aren`t many microfiber super extremists such as you and myself.

I posted way back when that I did like the light green microfiber towels from neatitems. Back then, there was a noticeable difference in plushness. But then again that was a while back. I haven`t ordered from there in a while since I do have WAY TOO MANY now. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

I haven`t ordered from there in a while since I do have WAY TOO MANY now.</blockquote>

Don,

No such thing as too many! Especially when they have a habit of walking off by themselves. Invite a friend over, show them how a mf towel works, never see the towel again.

You`re right about a regular mf working great on glass, but I`ve gotten to really like the rubberized glass cloth. (Had to order more because they also grow legs and walk off!)

Can you still tell the difference between the light green neatitems towels and the other colors? It`s really hard for me to tell much difference once they`ve been washed a few times. I tried to pick the softest today with my eyes closed and picked my wife`s pink towel as the softest. She did the same eyes-closed test and picked the white. Bottom line, not much difference in the neatitems towels we have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information