Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anybody have any experience with these products?

Coco Mats are floormats made from coconut husks. They make a variety of colors and they are custom made for specific car models. They look pretty nice but it`s hard to tell by looking at them on the monitor.

Mag Bra is a bra that sticks on magnetically. The manufacturer claims that the Mag Bra will not cause any scratches in the paint, like their competitors, because the "bra" doesn`t move on the surface of the vehicle.

Anyways if you have any info that can help a brother out I`d appreciate it.

btw I have no affiliations with either of these companies.

Post Thanks / Like
    yowsa.....thats alot IMHO.....i cant see the thickness toot good from the view....also i never like buying something that subjective with only an online view.....ive been sorely dissapointed before....have you thought of weathertech matts...thay have carpeted ones also...i have the rubber ones which are awesome...about $45 delivered.....for the front ones....but i saw that they have carpeted ones...better view and they look nice....

http://www.macneil.com/store/igsearc...tem_group_id=3

Post Thanks / Like
    I had Coco mats years ago in my cars. Kind of a cool look. Very retro. They lasted a long time and were maintenance free. As they age they tend to "shed" a little on the carpet.

Mag bra`s are pretty popular in the Porsche club for 911`s with steel turbo flares. They stick them on the wide rocker panels to avoid chips. They are also used a lot on the hoods. Problem is, the leading edge and bumpers are plastic and left unprotected.

I hear mag bras are not real popular in the Corvette club. Wonder why?
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like

Review: Griot`s 6" RO Polisher

When I walked into my friend Tom`s garage I had no idea I`d be going home with a brand new Griot`s 6" RO Polisher...ancing Dot:

This is not a complete review, but my initial impressions of this machine.

OK... here`s the story:

I have a friend who has a `70 Chevelle SS 454 and an `06 Corvette Convertible. He loves cars as much as I do. He also loves it when they are beautifully detailed!!! But there`s one thing he doesn`t love. DETAILING!

Although he would love to be a detailer, it`s just not in his DNA. It`s never gonna happen!

His wife buys him a Griot`s Garage 6" Polisher for Christmas three months ago. He pretended to love it. (which I`m sure he did... but just not the work it represents!). The fact is, the box has never been opened and never will be, by him.

I was at his house this week. I see the polisher box in his garage and start asking questions. He says he can`t send it back because his wife bought it for him as a Christmas gift & he doesn`t want to hurt her feelings. But if he sells it to me....... well, in some strange way, that`s OK with the wife. Why? Because I`m the person who will be polishing his cars with it!

We end up making a deal for $75 cash and a free detail on his `06 Vette. I get the brand new polisher, with tags in the unopened box for half price!!!

Needless to say, I couldn`t wait to get home and try it out! (His Vette gets polished next when the weather gets nice again!)

I had a couple "WINTER ABRASIONS" on my GTP, so I gave it a shot.

Short version of the story... I polished with M105/Orange pad until the abrasion was gone. This machine is refined and extremely powerful. It was actually difficult at speed 5 to get the pad to stop rotating. I had to apply HEAVY pressure in order for the pad to stop rotating. I would say at least 40% more power at speed 5 than the XP.

This is obviously an abbreviated version of a review. I will do a complete review after I`ve done a complete vehicle with full correction!

Needless to say, I was very impressed with this machine. Don`t get me wrong on this... I`ll always be a PC fan, and I can almost guarantee it will be used every week. This is just an objective review of this machine compared to the PC.

Here is some information that Mike Phillips posted over at AG last week: (In Mike`s article, he doesn`t go into how each machine delivers power and torque to the paint surface, it`s just an informational thread about Random Orbitals in general)

Porter Cable 7424XP
    4.5 AMP
    500 Watt Motor
    5 pounds
    3 Year Limited Warranty - 1 Year Free Service - 90 Days Money Back

Griot`s Garage 6" Random Orbital Polisher
    7.0 AMP
    850 Watt Motor
    5.5 pounds
    Griot`s Lifetime Warranty

Meguiar`s G110v2
    4.2 AMP
    430 Watt Motor
    5 pounds
    1 Year Limited Warranty
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats crazy. I just asked you for a reveiw in your Corvette thread like 2 minutes ago and Wammo...There it is :wizard:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Thats crazy. I just asked you for a reveiw in your Corvette thread like 2 minutes ago and Wammo...There it is :wizard:
    Haha... well, it`s not a COMPLETE review, but I only used it for 10 minutes. To be fair, I need to do a full correction.

Spring`s here, it won`t be long!
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    SCORE! These deals happen for a reason - shared experiences and pictures! Thanks in advance Bill.

Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Haha... well, it`s not a COMPLETE review, but I only used it for 10 minutes. To be fair, I need to do a full correction.

Spring`s here, it won`t be long!
    You have got to be the luckiest guy on the planet Bill, Its just like you got the garage vac for a song....hehe.....do you ever buy lottery tickets ?...you should ! Now here is the question , do you still want the V2 ? :

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RED JEWELL SS View Post
    You have got to be the luckiest guy on the planet Bill, Its just like you got the garage vac for a song....hehe.....do you ever buy lottery tickets ?...you should ! Now here is the question , do you still want the V2 ? :
    Absolutely! A polisher for every purpose. I`ve yet to test the V2, but the reviews have been excellent.

Just give me time. I`m lookin` for a deal.:biggrin:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    How is the vibration compared to the PC? I`m leaning towards the V2 because of the reduced vibes, but if the griots is good, I`d go that route (longer warranty)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy YZF View Post
    How is the vibration compared to the PC? I`m leaning towards the V2 because of the reduced vibes, but if the griots is good, I`d go that route (longer warranty)

I guess I`m the only person that isn`t effected at all by vibration! It`s just never been an issue for me. Everyone always asks this question, but to be honest, I can`t even feel vibration. (I know that must sound a little strangeut:.)

So, in short, I can`t really answer that question.

My lack of vibe sensitivity must come from the old days, on a construction crew (40 years ago!), when I ran a jackhammer for 12 hours a day! Polisher vibration??? I don`t even feel it!:biggrin:

(I`m not complaining! It`s probably a good thing that I can`t feel the vibes!)ancing Dot::clap:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Bill, I never thought about giving my Christmas list to my friends wifeancing Dot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by broker99 View Post
    Nice Bill, I never thought about giving my Christmas list to my friends wifeancing Dot:
    What can I say.... she likes me!!!:clap:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review Bill. :thumbup:

Will you be using this machine a lot or are you going to stick to the PC?
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoZ71 View Post
    Thanks for the review Bill. :thumbup:

Will you be using this machine a lot or are you going to stick to the PC?
    I`m thinking the GG machine will get the jobs that require "heavy correction", just because of the extra power (The power difference between 450 watts/4.5amps and 850/7amps watts is quite noticible!).

I`ll still use the PC for light swirl jobs and my regular customers; the vehicles that I polish every year... their paint is usually in pretty good shape!:thumbup:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information