Post Thanks / Like
    I have Rain-X on the windows of my Explorer, and the Rain-X kept smearing when the wipers where in use. So, I put AIO on the windows to remove the Rain-X. The AIO removed the Rain-X (I think) The water beads now but does not run off like with Rain-X. Anyway the AIO is worse than the Rain-X!!! I tried Alcohol to remove it and it did not work. I even tried SMR on the window, and then wash it down with Alcohol, and it still did not remove it. What else can I try?

Thanks

Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if the ABC treatment would?

Post Thanks / Like
    ABC would do it, but why spend the money.

First wash the window with lighter fluid, the naptha will break down the silicone they use and then wash with an all purpose cleaner, flush completely with water and then clean with your glass cleaner.

Will strip it clean.:up
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ron. I will give that a try. Will that remove the AIO that is on their too?

Post Thanks / Like
    But doesn`t make any difference, this will strip is all. Just let the naptha have a couple of minutes to dwell and break the silicone molecular bond. The all purpose can then attack that and the glass cleaner picks up the last of the goop.

"Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO is Klasse All-In-One. Oh well, it will strip it anyway. Thanks again for the tip.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion would do it also. Another alternative might be Zaino Glass Polish.

H

Post Thanks / Like
    I was about to post a topic about how I cleaned my windows tonight and how I finally got them streak free. But seeing how you`ve got this one going here`s what I did to finally get my windows perfect.

Mixed equal parts of the following in a spray bottle.

1. Isopropyl Alcohol

2. White Vinegar

3. Dehumidifier water.

You can substitute distilled water for the dehumidifier water.

Shake well.

Spray it on, wipe it around, and wipe it off.

Now the windows should be clean of bugs and crap at this point but will still have some streaks.

Get a new towel, dampen it with (tap or distilled water), wipe the windows again.

Get a new dry towel and buff the window again.

You now have the cleanest non streak windows you`ve ever seen.

It worked for me and I`m a happy camper with the results.

(note: don`t use paper towels use cotton towels or newspaper)

Try it!

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    too much AIO, use 1 big drop of AIO to a very wet sponge mf applicator for all 6+ windows, doesn`t take much at all. (not on the windshield if you don`t like the effect)

Post Thanks / Like
    I use AIO on my windows to and i think it works better than Rain-X, IMHO. It doesn`t haze, and i think its much more durable then rain-x is. Just my 2 cents....

Post Thanks / Like
    I didnt have great results when I tried Zaino z2 on the windshield. But then again, I may not have prepped the surface as well as I should have. I did not clay the windshield and cleaned it only with a microfiber dampened with distilled water. The water beads up but doesnt fly off the windshield. I will have to try again because i am getting annoyed with the streaking that I am experiencing because of rainX!

Post Thanks / Like
    Before trying Z2 on the windshield, I used Liquid Glass. The results are not completely in for Z2 because the wipers seem to cause some smearing of something, so I cleaned the windshield and wipers and will see if that persists. I do remember that happening at first with the Liquid Glass also, but that stopped and the rain repellency was excellent. The one thing that I wasn`t sure of with LG was I noticed some spots on the windshield which were only visible from the outside. They looked like small oil spots. Other than that I was very happy with the LG and all my other windows have it on for about 3 months now with no sign of degradation or spotting. BTW, if and when I am going to strip the Z2 (or RainX etc) off the windshield, I am going to try the Liquid Glass Precleaner next. I used it once to strip the wax off the paint and it was excellent and much easier to use than Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion.

H

Post Thanks / Like

Updated: Lake Country/Menzerna Polish Chart Info

Thread Information