Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin......

How did the V2 handle the larger 7" 2.0 Meg`s pads?
    Did you try it with any type of wool pads?
    And if you tried it with and 4" pads, how was the control?

Thanks again for one awesome review!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this with the LC pads or the Megs pads? I need to get a new machine as my UDM is killing my wrists, this sounds like the ticket. And since I have everything Meg`s, then it`ll fit right in.

Let me know about the pads, I have an assortment of LC flats (5.5., 6.5) and I`m wondering if they are good or if the G110v2 works better with the Meg`s pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown View Post
    Ummm, lets just say that in head to head testing, the G110v2 was far and away better at removing defects. I was able to remove defects FASTER with the G110v2 using speed setting 4.5 versus using the Porter Cable 7424XP on maximum speed. On speed 4.5-5.0, the Porter Cable was not even close. Sorry! But it was like hitting the dragstrip with some old E78-14 bias ply tires (7424XP), and then switching to a nice set of drag slicks and spraying the track with a coat of VHT Track Bite (G110v2) . The G110v2 left the 7424XP in the dust.

Why don`t you do some photo comparisons. Of course they could be manipulated, but.......

I would find all this much more believable if you weren`t employed by Meguiars.

Sorry :devil:

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t wait to get my hands on this new machine. But unfortunately it`ll be a while. Just can`t justify the purchace of a new DA when I have 10 different models around the shop

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Why don`t you do some photo comparisons. Of course they could be manipulated, but.......

Kevin Brown is NOT EMPLOYED by Meguiar`s nor has he ever been unless I am mistaken

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the very informative review Kevin.
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post

Kevin Brown is NOT EMPLOYED by Meguiar`s nor has he ever been. This is how rumors start.
    Flash I can see your point, but if you know the man behind the claim that is what is important. Kevin`s contribution to paint correction techniques has changed everything!!!! and if he told me to buy a buffer from a company in bum **** egypt I would because I have been on the phone with him for hours and he KNOWS his stuff as it pertains to this particular type of machine and all things involved with paint correction.

That being said Kevin how about 75% off a G110 lol just kidding, if I get this I will have every buffer except a Makita............ and a Shinex rotary(festool).

Post Thanks / Like

Lol! I`ve known Kevin for a long time, and he does not, nor has he ever worked for Meguiar`s(that I know of). He gives very unbiased opinions, and what he speaks is the truth. This man has more knowledge about detailing then I`ll even learn!

True story!

Jedi Master
    Post Thanks / Like
    Photos of what? A pad spinning? The sound level of the machines?

A lot of my impressions with this machine were used during OTHER product testing that I am not allowed to show:

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38937

Extra pictures would have been nice, but this was a review of the G110v2.

Does this mean that all the information I have posted about M105 is suspect, too? :cursing: I`ve been EXPOSED!

I understand your skepticism, but to date, I have not intentionally misguided anybody with information of product reviews.
    I never have been employed by Meguiar`s, but there is no doubt that I am a Meguiar`s fan, and I am also a dealer.
    I usually list the fact that I am a dealer on the signature line because I want forum members to know that I am biased to a degree... I WANT Meguiar`s to make good products and am happy when they do.

I don`t list the information on all sites because at first I thought I was being up front with the facts... turns out I was breaking the forum rules on some sites!

Regardless- I can assure you that I would not tout an inferior product, only to be eventually known as recommending subpar products. It is quite the opposite! As I was writing the review, I kept thinking, "Man- I hope the people that buy one of these gets the same impression of this machine as I did... otherwise I am a DEAD MAN."

Not a problem at all. NEVER be SORRY to have an opinion... just OWN IT !!
    Kevin Brown
    NXTti Instructor, Meguiar`s/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar`s Distributor/Retailer

Post Thanks / Like

Cool I knew questioning `The Orbital King" wouldn`t be popular

Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post

Kevin Brown is NOT EMPLOYED by Meguiar`s nor has he ever been unless I am mistaken
    Well, who financed his SEMA appearence?

Also, Kevin is a retailer for Meguiars and product tester. So to me, that qualifies as being employed by

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    Flash I can see your point, but if you know the man behind the claim that is what is important. Kevin`s contribution to paint correction techniques has changed everything!!!! and if he told me to buy a buffer from a company in bum **** egypt I would because I have been on the phone with him for hours and he KNOWS his stuff as it pertains to this particular type of machine and all things involved with paint correction.

That being said Kevin how about 75% off a G110 lol just kidding, if I get this I will have every buffer except a Makita............ and a Shinex rotary(festool).
    I didn`t make my response about Kevin to flame on him, but he made some "VERY BOLD" statements.Sorry if we are not allowed to call question someones opinion on this forum. I smell another bann in my future

Bobcat, you I trust. To give an honest/non biased opinion,as your name is on the line. Say if I purchase a product which you reccomend(which I have) and it turns out to be a turd, then my respesct for your opinion would be lost. So if you say this new machine will put "Giant,Porter Cable" out of the market, then I guess I better break out the visa. again. :smile:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Chapman View Post
    [img]http://www.dfwstangs.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/10253/faceplant-dive.jpg[/img

Lol! I`ve known Kevin for a long time, and he does not, nor has he ever worked for Meguiar`s(that I know of) True story!

Man, that pic looks like it had to of left a mark. Is that you, cause the word "FAILURE" and my name go together like oil and water...It don`t happen

So....Hows everybodys Sunday Morning going so far

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also on the SEMA team with Kevin. Does that mean I`m a Meguiar`s employee also? If so, I`m in big trouble because I just pushed the Griots machine!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-da-while.html

Oh noes!!!!

Chill out man, I can`t speak for everyone else, but I was just yanking your chain with that photo. It`s all in good fun. But get your facts straight, Kevin or myself have never worked for Meguiar`s. Kevin is a stand up guy and gives HONEST opninions.

Jedi Master
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH! Good point.
    I didn`t think of that as being employed because I am paid as an independent contractor.
    I am not an employee anywhere. The last time I held an official job was perhaps six years ago?
    That being said, we work the FORD booth.

Also, Kevin is a retailer for Meguiars and product tester. So to me, that qualifies as being employed by
    In that case, you should know that I am a dealer of Mirka Abrasives, too.
    Plus I occasionally buy from SMArnold, Hi-Tech, and on and on and on.

Heck- if we want to get SUPER thorough here, I also am a dealer of EVERYTHING I buy through my Warehouse Distributor. They carry all this stuff: http://pbewarehouse.com/PBE_Line_Card.html

I didn`t make my response about Kevin to flame on him, but he made some "VERY BOLD" statements. Sorry if we are not allowed to call question someones opinion on this forum.
    I didn`t feel flamed on, and I did make some BOLD statements and expected to see some skepticism. I have seen dozens of your posts and they all seem okay by me. No need to make things out to be more dramatic than they are, which they`re not.

So far TID has avoided a lot of drama, so I certainly watch the way I post opinions. Most people do!
    Kevin Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Trouble ! ! !

Well Kevin you are now in more trouble then you know. After reading your reviews on MOL and TID I pre-ordered the Megs g100v2. Already have a new Griots on the way. The trouble is from the wife finding out and I blamed it ALL on you. So when a old gray haired woman shows up in your driveway,be careful. LOL : : Paul S

Jedi Master
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    Well Kevin you are now in more trouble then you know. After reading your reviews on MOL and TID I pre-ordered the Megs g100v2. Already have a new Griots on the way. The trouble is from the wife finding out and I blamed it ALL on you. So when a old gray haired woman shows up in your driveway,be careful. LOL : : Paul S
    Funny!
    I am a bit nervous, but I also see a sales opportunity in disguise.:drool5:
    If you let me know what else you NEED, I will be certain to have those particular items on hand when she arrives.
    Kevin Brown

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I did miss some interested posting here Flash...........
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information