Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The place that is installing everything and I have been in talks about component speakers. At one point, I had really been stuck on a/d/s. But they swayed me to the Focals. Now, I am curious as to how the JL Audio XR-653 sounds in comparison to the Focals.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am holding off until I get my new car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I was supposed to get the otehr subs and gear TODAY, but didnt. How many times have I said that already? Oh well. I decided to hold off on parts of the system for now. I have till Next July to get it all set up, so no rush. I will use the JBL speakers as I said, and thinking about sticking with the stock back door speakers for now. I will get the Kicker Res. 5x7`s for the back doors sometime in the coming months, and teh headunit also. I bought some new Bosch micro edge wiper blades today, really were getting bad, and they made a big difference. Next time I hit Advance Auto I`m going for a K&N. Eventually get the front windows tinted, as well as more on teh back and the strip across the windshield made broader. Also want to get a new muffler. The system prolly wont be going in soon even if I had all teh stuff ready, because of parents, so for the time being it will stay stock Oh well. I want to have all the little things I want done and out of the way before school starts next year so I wont have to mess with them and can use whatever $$$ I have then for insurance and gas. I predict if all goes well, the system should be in by July, maybe sooner if I really beg. We`ll see. I`ll keep you updated.

Peace to all,

Post Thanks / Like
    Prinz, you`ll be very happy with Focals. I almost bought a set of the 165k`s but decided to stick with MB Quarts for no other reason than I`ve used Quarts for the past 8 years and they haven`t let me down yet.
    Anyone got a `96 Impala SS for sale?

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, I started my lower door panels today. They should be done in a few weeks. let me know what ya think.

Check them out here
    Anyone got a `96 Impala SS for sale?

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Adamah [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Prinz, you`ll be very happy with Focals. I almost bought a set of the 165k`s but decided to stick with MB Quarts for no other reason than I`ve used Quarts for the past 8 years and they haven`t let me down yet. [/b]</blockquote>
    Originally, I was going to go with a/d/s. I might consider JL Audio XR-653s as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the current Maxima, I am just trying to replace the factory speakers since one blew. I decided to go with some Eclipse 83941s for the rear and some 4x6s for the front.

But when I get the new car, that`s when the serious system is going in.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Adamah [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>By the way, I started my lower door panels today. They should be done in a few weeks. let me know what ya think.

Check them out here [/b]</blockquote>
    Your inserts are pretty phat. Let me know when you completely install them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am about to get some Eclipse speakers to replace the stock speakers in the Maxima. I am going to get some 5.25" for the front and some 6x9" in the rear. I am contemplating installing a JL Audio 300.4 amp to drive the whole setup.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Steve9185 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>That stuff is crap, cuz it really isn`t good for your rubber, cuz it will cause it to eventully crack. Use 303 Aerospace instead cuz it will be 100% better for your rubber! [/b]</blockquote>Good to see that the detailing antenna`s are up even in the Interior & Audio forum
    ~Footy

My lawyers have advised me to say nothing until the results of the blood test come through...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, let me give ya all a rundown of my audio history:

In the beginning:

Two MTX Thunder 6000 12`s

MTX Thunder 304 amp

MTX terminals

sealed hatchback box

Phoenix Gold, StreetWires, and Goldquest wires

1-farad PIE MTA cap

Progressed to:

Two Sony XPlod 12`s

JBL GTO 525 5 1/4" door speakers

AudioControl Epicenter

That went on to:

Three 10`s in a sealed angle box (2 subs were Blues, aka Kicker, 1 RF)

Q-Logic truck box for a 12

Then that went on to:

MTX T240 amp

Jensen KAC 200 watt amp

Heres a rundown,

I had all teh stuff in the beginning. I sold the cap for 60 bux. Then I got associated with some people who deal systems pretty often, so that hooked me up pretty good. I made a trade of the two Sonys for the three 10`s and got 30 bux to boot on it. I made a box for a guy for two 12`s and that scored me the Jensen amp and Q-Logic box. Today I traded my JBL speakers for the MTX T240 amp and got 20 bux boot on it. I plan to get rid of teh 10`s and the Jensen amp sometime in the future, but still not for sure. I almost wound up trading my Epicenter and 304 amp for a Kicker IX720 amp today.

I`m planning on making a new box for my 12`s. It will go from wall to wall in teh cargo compartment with extensions over the wheelwells, and it will be two boxes bolted together so if I need space I can take one out. I will try to mount whatever amp I wind up with under my back seat, and I think new speakers will need to be put in all 4 doors, I dont think the factory can stand up to all the bass. We fired up teh Epicenter today and couldnt really tell much of a difference, and if it continues on that way then I`ll get rid of it. I think I`m just going to buy all new wires, a kit, since the box I got is all mis-matched. Lets see, When I pull off the panels to install the system, I`m going to coat everything in the roll on bedliner stuff to avoid having to spend all the $$$ on Dynamat. For now, if I cant get all my stuff and get everything ready, I will run one 12 in the Q-Logic box so theres half the bass for my parents to disapprove of. I will most likely power it with the T240 amp. We`ll see how it turns out.

Post Thanks / Like
    My how the times can change Here is what has happened.

Sold the Jensen amp and the RF sub. Sold the 304 amp and bought an 8000 12". Trying to sell the two remaining 10`s. Trying to buy an Alpine 600 watt`er. Going to keep all MTX subs unless an offer comes up that I cant refuse. The T240 amp is burned up. I still dont know if I`m going to make the new box or not. Things change so fast and I get so screwed up

If I decide not to make that new box, I like this setup:

Eh?

:p

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey <<<BOOM>>> if you`re HU shopping look into a CD player that can read MP3, you`ll be able to put like 100+ songs on 1 cd in MP3 format, it`s worth it to save you a lot of space.

Post Thanks / Like
    I now have a set of Bostons in the rear of the Maxima. It`s a good thing I had that done. Turns out the original speakers were dry rotted and had some holes in them. Now I am looking into getting a set of 5.25" to compliment them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just randomness from... someone who knows little about the different meanings of speakers...

but erm, I definitely blew my two front speakers and that stinks a LOT. however I should be getting a new car very very soon (like a month) so it`s all good. I don`t think I`m bragging, now am I? hahaha.

anyways, good luck with your new speakers and subs and such, hopefully everything works out grrrrreat! god that hasta be awesome to feel the bass, whoop whoop!

-Jaimee379

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information