Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    GS 400 rocks. VRRRRoooooom!

But, a very different car than what was described in the original posts....not much larger than a Maxima (although quite a bit heavier and more horsies).

I almost bought a GS400 instead of the LS400.

re,

Andy

[Edited by hook on 07-26-2001 at 01:08 PM]

Post Thanks / Like
    try a cadillac STS, for the price, its hard to beat

Post Thanks / Like
    Hummer. It`s honking 7 something liter displacement and plenty of room for the family and their family and the groceries.

Got to keep your horizions open. No need to jump the guns.

BTW, anyone ever drive/ride in an S8? or even an "S6" .. they are rather uncommon cars on the road. I think. Then again I live in Pennsylvania.

Those new 7 series that I was glimpsing at on BMW`s site.. total knockouts. BMW may be one of the best car companies out there. Screw all those dinky little two seaters.. what about a 7 series!

PassatPunk.
    Volkswagen `01 Passat GLX / Satin Silver

Volkswagen `96 Jetta GLS / Black

Volkswagen `96 Cabriolet / Red

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go for the S8. A full-sized car that has all-wheel drive and does high 13`s in the quarter with an auto. crazy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Give me a 740iL with Dinan Stage II mods as well as (I know it`s not a sports sedan, but...) a `96 Impala SS with a Lingenfelter 383.

Those two have been high on my list for several years. I get to drive the BMW once a year when I do the Komen Drive for the Cure and I have driven several Impala SSs.

Next on my list is the almighty E55 AMG with a Renntech 6.0 Liter conversion.

I also like the GS 400 and the M5.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow what a predicament to be in

(purely just to check) check out the W8 (8 cylinder passat), okay at $40 maybe you`ll be able to get two of them at some of the prices that the other cars have to offer, but I heard its real nice.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

One Trick Pony
    Post Thanks / Like

When to switch to a circular

I have been using my PC DA for over 2 years now and have contemplated the switch to circular for speed and higher correction abilities.

1. Am I wrong to think that the same results cannot be acheived with the DA?

2. Will it really save me more time?

I love detailing as much as the next guy, but putting in a whole day for just one car seems excessive - when I would rather be driving it. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tthomp82 View Post
    I have been using my PC DA for over 2 years now and have contemplated the switch to circular for speed and higher correction abilities.

1. Am I wrong to think that the same results cannot be acheived with the DA?

2. Will it really save me more time?

I love detailing as much as the next guy, but putting in a whole day for just one car seems excessive - when I would rather be driving it. Thoughts?

1) No you cannot acheive the same reults with a CP (:wink as you can a rotary. Having said that you also cannot ruin a finish with a CP

2) I have never used a CP so I really don`t know, but I can make a single pass (1 step) with a rotary on the average sedan in less then an hour.

Hope this helped Sleep

Post Thanks / Like
    Rotary buffers are not for the faint of heart or inexperienced, they can easily burn through paint on edges and corners very easily.

You have to make sure the circular is prepped correctly so the polish won`t dry to quickly and you have to use enough polish.

I have a Flex Orbital but using it is boring for me because I really like to keep my hands moving. To get the most out of an orbital you have to move very slowly.

The Circular for me takes about half the time and effort. I use a good amount of polish rubbed into the pad and make sure the pad is very well lubricated with pad lubricant, I usually start off around 1200rpm and then move up.

In the long run though it won`t save you that much time, maybe a third less than with the orbital but you can damage your paint easily.

There is really no comparison in the polishing ability of the PC and a good Circular like the Makita. 10 amps of power is a mother load and will provide brilliant polishing action, compared to the rather lean 3.7amp PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    1) No you cannot acheive the same reults with a CP (:wink as you can a rotary. Having said that you also cannot ruin a finish with a CP

2) I have never used a CP so I really don`t know, but I can make a single pass (1 step) with a rotary on the average sedan in less then an hour.

Hope this helped Sleep
    Well, that may not always be the case.....

Some well known pro`s have put their rotaries on the shelf since 105/205 showed up on the scene. The time differences are getting closer without the negative effects.....

It`s more often the fiddler, not the fiddle.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
    Some well known pro`s have put their rotaries on the shelf since 105/205 showed up on the scene.

Maybe so, but not this one :wink:

One Trick Pony
    Post Thanks / Like
    then would the compromise be to use the Flex over the Porter Cable due to the different nature of the spin?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tthomp82 View Post
    then would the compromise be to use the Flex over the Porter Cable due to the different nature of the spin?
    From what I`ve gathered the flx is much more efficent and is able to correct alot more defects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
    It`s more often the fiddler, not the fiddle.........
    Great line - I`ll have to remember that!:iagree:

Post Thanks / Like
    go for it. I learned on a rotary so a PC for me is way too slow. Pick up some a panels at the junk yard to pratice. Good luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information