Thread: z2 & z5 via PC

Post Thanks / Like
    I watched a video on youtube from zaino with a how-to on how to apply z2 but they never mentioned anything about use with a polisher. Is anyone using z2 and z5 with a polisher? What is the best application speed and pad type.

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer hand application with Z5/2. Speed 3-5 with a gold or red LC pad.

I achieve thinner and more complete coverage by hand in the same amount of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick responce, I apreciate the tip.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always like to apply zaino by hand

Post Thanks / Like
    I always use a PC with Z-2p - speed 3-4, blue/red/gold LC pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually use a PC to apply Z2 or Z5 pro too. I use a black or red 4" pad on medium to low speed. The only reason I use 4" pads is because I got into the habit of using them to apply wax since the 4" pads usually fit into the containers easier.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    I usually use a PC to apply Z2 or Z5 pro too. I use a black or red 4" pad on medium to low speed. The only reason I use 4" pads is because I got into the habit of using them to apply wax since the 4" pads usually fit into the containers easier.

Hmm... Never tried to get the pads into a Zaino container... I`ll have to give that a shot...
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXTASY
    I achieve thinner and more complete coverage by hand in the same amount of time.

My experience was the opposite: I got thinner/better coverage with a machine. Pretty much personal preference, though, I think . . . I`ll admit to being lazy and using a machine any time I can.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tort,

How about product consumption. Do you find you use much more or less when applying by machine (vs. by hand)? Also, with more even coats, I`m assuming you see an improvement in your typical drying time?

During the years that I was using Zaino more extensively, I found it so relatively quick & easy to apply by hand that I never really considered using my PC. ....I just hated the usual 30-45 minutes wait time between coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kean,

I haven`t used Zaino for quite a while (when they changed the formula a few years back, I found that for me, the new stuff would leave some smearing instead of wiping off cleanly, and that`s one of my biggest pet peeves in a LSP). However, back when Z was my go-to LSP, I was mixing it with ZFX in an oral syringe to make for easy measuring, and to make sure I could dispense every last drop of product. I`d use a 4" finishing pad on my PC, and would typically use around 1/4 - 1/3 oz. for one coat (7 - 10 mL).

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tort. I`m finally making the move to WOWA LSP`s for my own vehicles (getting old I guess) but still have bottles of the two "Z`s" I will likely use up on a couple of upcoming details for some family members. ....I hate wasting product but I also have a habit of buying new stuff to try.

Thread Information