Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my PCXP :)

Post Thanks / Like
    A little to be desired as far as packaging goes.

she`s sniffing for any illegal substances

Contents of the box:

this came free

preinstalled:

grip is a bit better designed:

storage box I bought for it

Hitachi SP18VA and PC-XP

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice. I am hoping to get one soon also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad that you got it......in one piece. What happended to the packaging?? It must be bomb proof for the PC to survive.

Hey, I like the gray plastic tote box. What is that/where did it come from? There are lots out there, but that one looks particularly good.

Good luck with the PC. Let us know about the box, too!

Thx.

See ya. :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    The box is a a Stack-On Pro Tough Tool Box 16" p/n: PB-16

Initial impressions:

hmm...maybe I need a old PC to compare it to again. Seems weak at the moment. Then again, I did spend the weekend with the rotary. At speed 3 trying to spread the product across the door, it seemed to bog down rather easily. At speed 6 I was able to put some pressure on it, but I dont think I was even putting down as much as I did with the older PC.

It did correct what I was working on though. Cant argue with that. Guess Ill have to get used to it and do some more testing.

I really hope its not from the poor packaging!
    Hitachi SP18VA and PC-XP

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx for the info. The box looks pretty good. I`d like one. Do you have a good source online or did you buy it locally??

Glad the PC worked out. I suspect the better you get, the faster the process goes......and, if you get good at it and outpace thr machine, it`ll be time to step up to a more powerful unit like the FLEX, based on many opinions.

Thx again.

See ya :wavey

Quote Originally Posted by ninobrn99
    The box is a a Stack-On Pro Tough Tool Box 16" p/n: PB-16

Initial impressions:

hmm...maybe I need a old PC to compare it to again. Seems weak at the moment. Then again, I did spend the weekend with the rotary. At speed 3 trying to spread the product across the door, it seemed to bog down rather easily. At speed 6 I was able to put some pressure on it, but I dont think I was even putting down as much as I did with the older PC.

It did correct what I was working on though. Cant argue with that. Guess Ill have to get used to it and do some more testing.

I really hope its not from the poor packaging!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tenorplayer23
    Thx for the info. The box looks pretty good. I`d like one. Do you have a good source online or did you buy it locally??

Glad the PC worked out. I suspect the better you get, the faster the process goes......and, if you get good at it and outpace thr machine, it`ll be time to step up to a more powerful unit like the FLEX, based on many opinions.

Thx again.

See ya :wavey

Got the box at Kmart for under $10.

I already have a rotary. I opted to go ahead and try this one out. Im getting a Flex a bit down the road. Stand by for pics and a vid.
    Hitachi SP18VA and PC-XP

Post Thanks / Like
    Having a tough time getting the micromarring to show (maybe it`s not there )

Hitachi SP18VA and PC-XP

Post Thanks / Like
    it`s always nice to have good power tools and the PC (for the most part) has been a proven one... :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mind you, this is a 94 Jeep Cherokee that`s been in Hawaii all its life. I do need a new orange pad because this one has gotten soft.
    Hitachi SP18VA and PC-XP

Post Thanks / Like
    vid of it bogging down at 3

Hitachi SP18VA and PC-XP

Post Thanks / Like
    Contacted Coastal Tool today. They are covering shipping back to them and sending a new unit! Great customer service IMO. Hopefully the next one is packaged a bit better.
    Hitachi SP18VA and PC-XP

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome cat!

Bogging down at 3 is normal for the original 7424 so it’s not surprising that the XP would too. You can’t do much at 3 besides spread wax or glaze. For any useful cut you need to run at 5 or 6.

And since you’re used to a rotary, even at 6 the cut will be mild in comparison.

Still, it’s possible that you got a dud, I’m not sure Porter-Cable’s QC is what it once was. It’s hard to tell from just watching and listening to the video.

On a flat surface with a polishing pad and a moderate cutting polish at speed 5 you should be able to push down with about 10 to 15 pounds of force before the pad stops rotating.

pc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ninobrn99
    Contacted Coastal Tool today. They are covering shipping back to them and sending a new unit! Great customer service IMO. Hopefully the next one is packaged a bit better.

Did it bog down that bad turned all the way up? Doesn`t surprise me with some pressure on 2 or 3 for it to bog down. And tell those guys to put it in a box before they ship it to you!:p

Post Thanks / Like
    Meghan,

It did. I have a test hood that I decided to try it on and once I hit a lip that started to flare, it stopped rotating. I should`ve just spent the extra $11 and ordered from you guys. Lesson learned!
    Hitachi SP18VA and PC-XP

Post Thanks / Like
    if i ran a business and shipped products out, i would definitely package it very well. not only does it protect the items, but it helps the vendor to prevent a damaged unit to be returned, which isn`t worth it. heck, if anyone knows who have done trades with me, the samples i send out are even packaged better than the way your PC LOL. glad they took care of you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information