Post Thanks / Like
    I found a random orbital polisher 7" in the garage. It has a lambs wool cover and a couple of crappy cotton cover things. I want to use it on my car and try to take out some water spots on the roof, and make some scratches less noticeable. My sister`s dog decided to look into my car windows, and put a few scratches on the side. My fingernail does catch them so they are fairly deep. I took pictures of the scratches. The car is very dirty because of highway construction nearby, so the horizontal lines you see at the bottom of the pictures is just dirt.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

My questions are, what pads should I buy, how many will I need, what polishes, and I guess I need a backing plate? I will clay the area before I do anything. Would it be cheaper for me to get a corrective detail from a local autopian, or to buy the stuff I need to do it myself? I don`t want to take on the entire car at this point, unless I can really see major results. The car has always been hand washed by me, and hand polished by me, and kept in the garage for most of the day. It is a 2007 silver Acura TSX, and has no other scratches, and very, very few light swirls seen under lights at night. Thanks for all of the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    l o l big al way to be succinct hahaha.

mmm I mean, it would depend wouldn`t it? I mean for me, I`m still trying to deal with the learning curve--but I find it more rewarding doing it myself--PLUS i can tackle the future what-ifs.

Unless you think it wont happen again? then hire someone? lol

NOt sure on pad but I would say start with M105 and a Lake Country Hydrotech pad (not quite sure which one...but they say the rule of thumb is to work with the least harsh first just in case )

if that doesn`t work try the 105 with a slightly better cutting pad--or try the M205.

Personally I think I might pickup the Optimum hyper compound spray and the polish spray to try out xD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCshaySC
    I found a random orbital polisher 7" in the garage...

While it`s easy for us to spend your money, they`re not kidding; rather than trying to use that machine you really oughta buy something like the Griot`s. That 7" thing is more likely to make things worse than make `em better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Or you could get a Megs G110v2...

But basically BigAl`s post sums it up well.

I however, prefer 4" pads and cant believe I said that before Accumulator got a chance to.

Post Thanks / Like

Thread Information