Quote Originally Posted by KatyM45S View Post
Based on all of the discussion and charts, can I assume it would be ill-advised to use a yellow CCS pad with Intensive Polish? It`s not on the chart, but it is the only more aggressive pad I have past the orange CCS. The orange CCS with the Intensive Polish doesn`t seem to do much on my 2008 Infiniti M45, which has a sticker on the underside of the hood claiming a "hard clear coat"
Proper Auto Care generally cautions against the use of a cutting pad, such as the yellow foam pad, on a dual action polisher. The aggressive nature of the pad can cause a `compounding haze` on the surface, which will temporarily dull the surface. This haze is normal, and experienced paint polishers usually don`t bat an eye at it this. However for first time polishers, this can be an uneasy feeling.

So if you are using a dual action polisher, keep in mind that stepping up to a cutting pad often adds an additional step of polishing to remove the hazing before final polishing. Again not a big deal, but often unsettling.

As far as the specific combination regarding using a yellow pad with Menzerna Intensive Polish, it shouldn`t be a problem. Intensive Polish is a more dry polish so it may dust a little more, but it could be just what you need to get the swirls out of the tough clear coat. Keep in mind that it may require you do go back over paint with Intensive Polish on either a white or orange pad to remove the `haze` before final polishing.

Todd