Post Thanks / Like

Decisions Decisions...Help me Decide..

New to the polisher scene..trying to decide between these two:

Wet-Ice over Fire Reference Shine Kit with PC 7424 for $299.95
    or
    Flex XC3401VRG Polisher Kit with all the items that make up the Wet-Ice over Fire Reference Shine Kit $499.95

OR OTHER SUGGESTIONS...

I have no experience with either one..but I have a 92` black Ford F-150 with great paint as a test vehicle. Plan on using on my own vehicles for the time being which are a black 2003 Dodge Neon SXT(wife)and my Chili Pepper Red Pearl 1999 Dodge Durango SLT.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have no experience, the PC would probably tend to be more forgiving and maybe a little easier to work with for a novice than the Flex. The Flex is a fine machine, perhaps the best DA for the money, but it`s an awful lot of money to invest until you know for sure if detailing is something you want to do beyond your own vehicles. Also consider that more people own the PC here and on other forums, so when it comes time to ask for advice and troubleshooting, the common denominator will be in your favor.

The Meguiars G110 is another popular DA that is similar to the PC while offering some technological and ergonomic upgrades like a hoop handle and an optional backing plate with a flexible outer rim.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recommend these:http://properautocare.com/flxcdupo.html, http://properautocare.com/forolveh.html http://properautocare.com/pofornececlc.html http://properautocare.com/weovfishkit.html and some of these too http://properautocare.com/hi612infopaa.html, hope this helps you out in what you need to do all your vehicles and also to maintain them also........Angelo
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    But you can go with the PC, instead of the Flex.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally think that the Flex is going to give you more opportunity to grow as a detailer, as used with the BF polishes, it really amps your ability to polish. If you are only planning to do your cars, and only on occasion, you will be fine with the Porter Cable however. It will just take a little more time.

Because I think the Flex is a better option, I looked at the kits you mentioned.

The BF Reference Shine Kit with a PC is 299.95, which is a HUGE bargain it itself. (Roughly 90 dollars of separate list prices!)

As you noted to purchase the products separately and add a Flex would run OVER 500 dollars.

The price difference between a Flex and a Porter Cable is $170.00 dollars, so I called Jack about making this kit. Let`s face it, it makes sense to have a Reference Shine kit with our top products with our top dual-action polisher. It was our mistake for not noticing this before.

While the crew at CMA has to run the numbers on the kit, I am going to add $170 (the difference between a Flex and PC) to the Reference Shine kit`s price of $299.95, to create the Flex Reference Shine Kit for $469.95, saving you over $30.00 right off the bat, then (and I don`t know if this will stick once `The Boss` runs the numbers) I`m going to take another $10.00 off....

The New BF-599 Blackfire/Flex Reference Shine Kit
    List: $534
    BF-599 Kit: $459.95
    Included:
    Flex XC3401VRG Dual Action Polisher
    One 6-1/2 inch, CCS Technology, White Polishing Pad
    One 8 oz. bar of BLACKFIRE PolyClay
    16 oz. of BLACKFIRE Clay Lubricant
    16 oz. BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish
    One Microfiber Applicator Pad
    Three Microfiber Clay & Polish Buffing Cloths
    Clay application instructions
    16 oz.BLACKFIRE All Finish Paint Protection
    7 oz. BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun, Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax
    16 oz.BLACKFIRE Deep Gloss Spray Sealant
    Two Concours Foam Applicator Pads
    Two Perfect Shine Microfiber Final Buff Cloths
    Ice over Fire Application Instructions
    One 6-1/2 inch, CCS Technology Gold, Concours Finishing Pad
    One additional 6-1/2 inch, CCS Technology White Polishing Pad
    16 oz. BLACKFIRE Gloss Shampoo

Like I said the price isn`t set in stone because I threw the idea at Jack over the phone, then I discounted another $10.00. Any order on Monday will be honored at that price. Because the kit is so new you will have give Proper Auto Care a call 1-800-628-7596.

Todd @ CMA

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw that Todd`s post was edited this morning. Just out of curiousity, what was changed? Was a product or products removed or added? Did the price go up or down, and what is the final price of this kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t forget to give me a call Rusty..............

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBumper View Post
    I saw that Todd`s post was edited this morning. Just out of curiousity, what was changed? Was a product or products removed or added? Did the price go up or down, and what is the final price of this kit?
    RustyBumper,
    I edited Todd`s post only to show the regular price of the products on our site and when he listed the products he forgot the polisher so i added it. Thanks for your support.
    jk

Post Thanks / Like

Question So is this deal on?

Being a first timer, is this the kit to get? I see you have kits for German paint. Will this kit be just as good for my 2005 BMW?

Do I have to call for this kit, or can I order online?
    Thanks,
    Jimbo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    I personally think that the Flex is going to give you more opportunity to grow as a detailer, as used with the BF polishes, it really amps your ability to polish. If you are only planning to do your cars, and only on occasion, you will be fine with the Porter Cable however. It will just take a little more time.

Because I think the Flex is a better option, I looked at the kits you mentioned.

The BF Reference Shine Kit with a PC is 299.95, which is a HUGE bargain it itself. (Roughly 90 dollars of separate list prices!)

As you noted to purchase the products separately and add a Flex would run OVER 500 dollars.

The price difference between a Flex and a Porter Cable is $170.00 dollars, so I called Jack about making this kit. Let`s face it, it makes sense to have a Reference Shine kit with our top products with our top dual-action polisher. It was our mistake for not noticing this before.

While the crew at CMA has to run the numbers on the kit, I am going to add $170 (the difference between a Flex and PC) to the Reference Shine kit`s price of $299.95, to create the Flex Reference Shine Kit for $469.95, saving you over $30.00 right off the bat, then (and I don`t know if this will stick once `The Boss` runs the numbers) I`m going to take another $10.00 off....

Included:

Like I said the price isn`t set in stone because I threw the idea at Jack over the phone, then I discounted another $10.00. Any order on Monday will be honored at that price. Because the kit is so new you will have give Proper Auto Care a call 1-800-628-7596.

Todd @ CMA
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdandy View Post
    Being a first timer, is this the kit to get? I see you have kits for German paint. Will this kit be just as good for my 2005 BMW?

Do I have to call for this kit, or can I order online?
    Thanks,
    Jimbo
    Welcome abroad Jimbo, to your question, I would say yes it`s the mother Kit to get. You will need some SIP , 106FA and 1 CCS 6.5 orange pad too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Welcome abroad Jimbo, to your question, I would say yes it`s the mother Kit to get. You will need some SIP , 106FA and 1 CCS 6.5 orange pad too.
    These are in addition to what would be included in the BF Flex kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Jimbo, I recommend these extra items because you will need them for your BMW for removal of the swirl`s that might be on your finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post

Included:

Todd @ CMA
    If your looking for a Machine polishing Kit, Look no more! It`s here...:thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like
    And don`t forget some of you out there still have your 15% discount when you sign up last month, It`s still good!!!!! till the end of the month:thumbup:

Thread Information