Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Full-Sized iBrids

Well, I don`t know if they are the first selling them, but I got a TRC email today showing the new 15 and 21 iBrids for sale. As usual, starting out only in kit form with pads and polishes (4 foam pads, 4 wool pads, and coarse and fine compounds). When these were introduced at SEMA it was stated that they use composite gears to make the machine lighter (I guess to offset the battery weight) with the collateral effect of making the machine quieter.

The prices are appropriately jaw-dropping ($735 for the 15 and $760 for the 21) but I guess when they come out with the machine-only (no pads and polish) it will be $100 or something less, so down closer to the ballpark of the Flex cordless machines, if not quite in the ballpark.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Full-Sized iBrids

I don`t think they are called "iBirds".

They are expensive but look very good. They are different from the rest of the market.

Cordless tools rock.

My cheap SPTA 15mm cordless is a gem. I love that thing. I can imagine the new rupes is MUCH better in feel, power and user experience. That said the SPTA is relatively powerful at full speed, that`s for sure. You just have to keep the pad/machine balanced. The SPTA at full speed can probably keep up with my G15 at 4.5 for torque.

Cordless polishers make polishing even more fun. Especially when your lazy haha

And after 5+ years of polishing my car every year i really don`t think she has looked so glossy. I have a mixture of carpro essence and essence+, rupes uno advanced and top up`s with polish angel rapidwaxx and NV Boost V2. But i`ve polished my car many times with things like perfect finish and 3D one. Especially flat panels.

My car really sticks out. More than ever. I don`t think you can get that glossy without machine polishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I don`t think they are called "iBirds".
    Suit yourself.

Thanks noorth, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

When was the last time you polished a car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    When was the last time you polished a car?
    1903. What does that have to do with whether they are calling these iBrids?
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

haha interesting that you find it so interesting what they are called and how expensive they are. Do you use a polisher? Its very relevant.

I`ve seen a lot of interesting and i will say toxic comments you made the last few mths.

Do you even know that lake country has a SDO line that includes the CCS tech.? That is nothing like the original CCS line? Which is still great and VERY popular?

Do you even use a polisher? Again?
    Dislikes Stokdgs disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m glad you like your CCS pads; I will now no longer be able to say "I don`t remember anyone saying they like CCS pads", how that is "toxic" I don`t know.

Post Thanks / Like

They are called Ibrid. I believe it’s what Rupes is calling there cordless battery technology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes noorth, 981 Cayman S liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely machines i bet. Love to have the 15mm but i don`t need it. If i had a market to sell 3 of my polishers i would to get that machine.

Cordless machines are sweet.

The blue pad is probably a great one step pad too for weathered paint. Probably similar to the SDO/HDO blue pad which i used a few times. It finished down fine on my car with sonax perfect finish - still my favorite, on my second 8oz bottle.

I was just looking at all my polishes lol Not sure what i will use this year. I might try carpro essence again. My bonnet looks great - carpro essence topped with essence+ and Nv Boost V2.. But something more aggressive for a few areas, i have sonax cutmax and NV precision. Then i will finish out with one of my primer polishes - gyeon, carpro and rupes uno advanced, more of an AIO but i top all of them with a spray sealant. Works nicely and NO waterspots!

The coatings that I`ve used are not worth the hassle for me, besides throwing away towels, high spots, lost product etc In my experience waterspots make no sense in my area. Cancoat for instance lived up to the hype for me but i have never seen waterspots like that, i think if i topped it with reload or something it would of been better. But i never touched it. Very robust and the beads was some of the best i ever seen for sure. It was going strong at 6mths with very poor maintenance but i polished it off.

I don`t watch jimbo very much but i just seen him torture testing cancoat - i couldn`t watch the whole video...it will blow any water based sealant out of the water IMO. It was kinda funny and hard as shell- turtlewax shell lol

I used to find torture tests interesting but not anymore. Same has scottHD`s tests. Yawn..lol

Post Thanks / Like

I assume this is Rupe`s machine alternative and answer to Flex`sXFE1515018.0-EC/5.0 offering with this being a 15mm throw.
    How long has the Flex cordless been out??? Seems like Rupe`s is doing some product catch-up, but I assume this lag in bringing these particular machines to market was due to "perfecting" the machine from initial product development & testing, beta-tester`s input, and battery technology. (ANOTHER title for Captain Obvious~ Buffer Product Development Engineer!)

north- You DO have a market for your three "old" buffers/polishing machines" right here in this forum to us Autopians. While you cannot post them within the forum to sell per forum rules, there in nothing wrong or unethical about asking someone to send you a Personal Message (PM) within this forum if they are interested in buying them and for information and their price within the PM, since that is between you and the Autopian member.
    GB detailer
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestion i just took the 3 polishers and put a pad on each one lol G15, G8 and a cordless SPTA.

Lake country orange HDO/CCS on the G15, Carpro orange pad - excellent pad - on the G8 and a orange diamond cut shinemate pad on the SPTA lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ok, you caught me, I`m TOGWT.

I`m glad you like your CCS pads; I will now no longer be able to say "I don`t remember anyone saying they like CCS pads", how that is "toxic" I don`t know.

PS I`m done feeding the trolls. Thanks for forcing me out of my own thread.
    Brrrrrrahhhhh, these polishers are siiiiiiiiick. You need one. Cords are so 1903.

Post Thanks / Like

One question I do have about these cordless polishes and their competition: How many of you already own and use cordless detailing equipment, like even LED lighting? And do you see yourself going cordless with your next polisher or buffer, regardless of manufacturer??
    For myself, no, not in the immediate future. Corded polishes work fine and I prefer the lower cost because of the frequency I currently (pun intended!) use them IF I would buy a new polisher. That said, the more I hear from you fellow Autopians about how good these new generations of cordless designs are and how they compare to their electrical corded models, that sentiment may change, especially as the price may drop in the near future with advances in production technology and scale.
    I can see how a cordless polisher may be a god-send for a mobile detailer, for example.
    Last edited by GearHead_1; 03-25-2024 at 05:32 PM. Reason: .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    One question I do have about these cordless polishes and their competition: How many of you already own and use cordless detailing equipment, like even LED lighting? And do you see yourself going cordless with your next polisher or buffer, regardless of manufacturer??
    For myself, no, not in the immediate future. Corded polishes work fine and I prefer the lower cost because of the frequency I currently (pun intended!) use them IF I would buy a new polisher. That said, the more I hear from you fellow Autopians about how good these new generations of cordless designs are and how they compare to their electrical corded models, that sentiment may change, especially as the price may drop in the near future with advances in production technology and scale.
    I can see how a cordless polisher may be a god-send for a mobile detailer, for example.
    Messed up my shoulder so haven’t had a chance to use but started to move to cordless. Got a Flex Cbeast, PiXiE, and a Rupes HLR75 3”.

Debating if I want to add a Rupes free spinning long throw (15mm) to mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Someone censored this thread...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information