Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Panel wipes over hyped? My observation (likely incorrect)

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I would also think fenylab would maybe have a knock your socks of prep.

They do, in fact they have a few ways of doing it. The most simple way is kind of how nan_wpg uses ONR above, but instead of using ONR, use Feynlab Pure Rinseless instead. We should all know by now how dang strong Pure Rinseless is as a cleaner. It is MUCH more effective than ONR as a way to wipe of polish residue, but maintaining that safety element that a well lubricated rinseless wash provides. It should be a go to for soft paint, especially soft black paint. It also leaves `nothing` behind, so you can certainly wax or seal over it without bother. I would still use the panel wipe of the brand I`m coating with BUT, it has such an easy job to do, you could use anything, even IPA, which is rubbish by itself at the strength you should be using it at.

Their system, starts with their washes, then moves onto Prime - a clay lube that also gets into the pores of the paint to help coatings bond and the polishing process become easier. They then have their own panel wipe which is alcohol free.
    Good old ADHD.
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
    They do, in fact they have a few ways of doing it. The most simple way is kind of how nan_wpg uses ONR above, but instead of using ONR, use Feynlab Pure Rinseless instead. We should all know by now how dang strong Pure Rinseless is as a cleaner. It is MUCH more effective than ONR as a way to wipe of polish residue, but maintaining that safety element that a well lubricated rinseless wash provides. It should be a go to for soft paint, especially soft black paint. It also leaves `nothing` behind, so you can certainly wax or seal over it without bother. I would still use the panel wipe of the brand I`m coating with BUT, it has such an easy job to do, you could use anything, even IPA, which is rubbish by itself at the strength you should be using it at.

Their system, starts with their washes, then moves onto Prime - a clay lube that also gets into the pores of the paint to help coatings bond and the polishing process become easier. They then have their own panel wipe which is alcohol free.
    I used to just wipe polish off, then panel wipe. I’ve been binging on Ivan’s videos. That’s where I learned the onr wipe off. Makes total sense. Easy peasy and I ALWAYS have onr on hand. It’s my “if I could only choose one product” product.

I thought about using optimums waterless for this but that means buying even more crap, lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post

does any one else wash after. I find it cleans better I use a dish soap figuring yea the grease cutting but also residue free because food safety. And I dry with Megs glass cleaner this ends up being faster for me.
    I’d be concerned about the surfactant in the dish soap sticking around since it’s designed to leave your hands feeling soft after cutting the grease on those dishes.

Perhaps your drying method with the glass cleaner is enough to knock it out.

I would probably just use my regular car soap and add APC. Or use an equivalent higher PH presoak soap (not presoaking) instead of the dish soap.

Back when all polishes dusted a full wash was almost necessary before applying wax so these methods are not all that new. They worked well then they should still work well now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information