Hello,

Its been a few years since I have posted but I am a very frequent reader on here. My wife has a classic corvette that has low miles, all original and was in mint condition until a family member (thankfully not me) backed into it and damaged the bumper. She is really upset about this. She has a keen eye for colors notices things like orange peel. The damage to the car is causing a riff within the family and I am trying to get it fixed for he as quickly as possible. I am new to the area I am living in (Mooresville, NC) and I don`t have "a guy" anymore or a even a clue where to go. My plan is to find an ICAR certified body shop so at least they have updated equipment for paint match. Her concern is that the car has been well kept but the original orange peel still remains; she`s concerned that after the bumper is replaced and repainted it will never match the rest of the car (either too glossy clear, or too much orange peel). Is there are process I can follow that sort of blends the bumper into the car? I plan to polish it out myself after its painted. I know there is a ton of new pad technology out these days. I am a rotary guy but I recently purchased a long throw dual action.

Thanks!